GayFAQs? Random Insanity? You're imagining things... >_>

Moderator: Master Ry

Addi
I Am The King Of Hell

Personality test oO

#1 Post by Addi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 am

No introduction!

Here's the test: http://kisa.ca/personality/

And here is the section for you to read 'what' you are, what type of personality it is that you have: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

My results: I am an ISTJ. I personally think it's a load of crock, mostly because a large number of those lines there are not accurate in describing ME at all... But then again, it does hit a few nails right on the head.

Ok, now you try!

Jebryath
Goddamn Hippy

#2 Post by Jebryath » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 am

Ooh, Myers-Brigg again!
You're beautiful as you say the words.
The beautiful words you say.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#3 Post by Super Dante » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:37 am

INTJ

On another note, this image can FINALLY be used:

Jebryath
Goddamn Hippy

#4 Post by Jebryath » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 am

That chart is bad and the person who made it should feel bad.
You're beautiful as you say the words.
The beautiful words you say.

Addi
I Am The King Of Hell

#5 Post by Addi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 am

Indeed.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#6 Post by Super Dante » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 pm

It came from 4chan so that's to be expected.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#7 Post by Andy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

hey look another personality test

ISTJ apparently
Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.
Welp, at least I have a cool name for it now. "Catastrophe Mode" and "Visions of Doom" could be my super moves.

EDIT: also cool band names.
Last edited by Andy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
War were declared.

Atra Viator
Phantom Baby

#8 Post by Atra Viator » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Fancy that.
INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work. Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, philosophy, law, and architecture. INTPs tend to be less at ease in social situations or in the "caring professions", although they enjoy the company of those who share their interests. They prize autonomy in themselves and others. They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change. They also tend to be impatient with the bureaucracy, rigid hierarchies, and the politics prevalent in many professions. INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge. INTPs accept ideas based on merit, rather than tradition or authority. They have little patience for social customs that seem illogical or that serve as obstacles for pursuing ideas and knowledge. This may place them at odds with people who have an SJ preference, since SJs tend to defer to authority, tradition, and what the rest of the group is doing.[2] INTPs prefer to work informally with others as equals.[11]

INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they need to be. To the INTPs' mind, they are presenting all the relevant information or trying to crystallize the concept as clearly as possible.[11]

Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group. During interactions with others, if INTPs are focused on gathering information, they may seem oblivious, aloof, or even rebellious—when in fact they are concentrating on listening and understanding. However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them.[11]

INTPs are driven to fully understand a discussion from all relevant angles. Their impatience with seemingly indefensible ideas can make them particularly devastating at debate.[2] When INTPs feel insulted, they may respond with sudden, cutting criticism. After such an incident, INTPs are likely to be as bewildered as the recipient. They have broken the rules of debate and exposed their raw emotions. To INTPs, this is the crux of the problem: improperly handled emotions, INTPs believe, can only harm. While INTPs experience emotions as an important part of their internal lives, and sometimes share their emotions with others, INTPs nevertheless believe that emotions must not play a role in logical discussions, or be expressed in a way that would put themselves at disadvantage.
Mix and match. But there's some serious truth in that lot.
"Maybe if you stop being an emo, it grows? Your beard is probably too emotional to come out" - Devil Dante

BerN
Phantom Baby

#9 Post by BerN » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Apparently I'm ESTP.

I just read what's it all about, and to be honest, it's true that I'm in many ways an extrovert, but I also am very introspected. I dream and think a lot, too.

I think that it really depends whether I'm alone or with more people. Being introspective in a group is stupid, I think.
I'm also sometimes very emotional and I hate that. There are also times when I'm cold as fuck, however. I think someone's personality (that is me not wanting to say my personality) can't be put that straight-forward, there are many variables that change my behaviour.

They say ESTP people don't consider other's feelings, but in my case I think that's bullshit. It might have to do with my education, but I always think about not hurting the other person, specially when I don't know him/her. Example: I make fun of things friends feel bad about, but only very good friends.

tl;dr - Might be true for a lot of stuff, but I also do think about people and do dream and have life goals.

Dean Winchester
Phantom Baby

#10 Post by Dean Winchester » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

ISTJ here

Took the myers briggs last year

Ely
Posting Monster

#11 Post by Ely » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 am

ENTJ ALL UP IN THIS

Got my extraversion on
Got my intuition on
Got my thinking on
Got my judgment on

BITCHES WE OUUUUUUUTTTTTTT

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

#12 Post by Gerbil Zero » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:14 am

ISTP... what?

It was INTJ last year. How peculiar.

EDIT: Aaaaaand then I took another test with more questions, hoping it'd give me more resolution.

It says I'm an ENTJ. Slightly extroverted. I'll buy it.
Last edited by Gerbil Zero on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#13 Post by Master Ry » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Seems like I'm the first ISFJ here.

Let's read....

...Wow, that was stupidly accurate. Sure, a couple of things were off, but overall it did describe me how I am. 0_o
Portrait of an ISFJ wrote:The Nurturer

As an ISFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you takes things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system.

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best.

ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. They constantly take in information about people and situations that is personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional memory about things that are important to their value systems. It would not be uncommon for the ISFJ to remember a particular facial expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event occured, if the situation made an impression on the ISFJ.

ISFJs have a very clear idea of the way things should be, which they strive to attain. They value security and kindness, and respect traditions and laws. They tend to believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method.

ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory. For this reason, they are not likely to be found in fields which require a lot of conceptual analysis or theory. They value practical application. Traditional methods of higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction, are likely to be a chore for the ISFJ. The ISFJ learns a task best by being shown its practical application. Once the task is learned, and its practical importance is understood, the ISFJ will faithfully and tirelessly carry through the task to completion. The ISFJ is extremely dependable.

The ISFJ has an extremely well-developed sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal. For that reason, they're likely to have beautifully furnished, functional homes. They make extremely good interior decorators. This special ability, combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes them very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient.

More so than other types, ISFJs are extremely aware of their own internal feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. Many ISFJs learn to express themselves, and find outlets for their powerful emotions.

Just as the ISFJ is not likely to express their feelings, they are also not likely to let on that they know how others are feeling. However, they will speak up when they feel another individual really needs help, and in such cases they can truly help others become aware of their feelings.

The ISFJ feels a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow through. For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. The ISFJ has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become over-burdened. In such cases, the ISFJ does not usually express their difficulties to others, because they intensely dislike conflict, and because they tend to place other people's needs over their own. The ISFJ needs to learn to identify, value, and express their own needs, if they wish to avoid becoming over-worked and taken for granted.

ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".

The ISFJ is warm, generous, and dependable. They have many special gifts to offer, in their sensitivity to others, and their strong ability to keep things running smoothly. They need to remember to not be overly critical of themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which they freely dispense to others.

Jungian functional preference ordering:

Dominant: Introverted Sensing
Auxilliary: Extraverted Feeling
Tertiary: Introverted Thinking
Inferior: Extraverted Intuition

"Dracula played baseball?" - me