I'm sad

GayFAQs? Random Insanity? You're imagining things... >_>

Moderator: Master Ry

UbberDevil
Cool

I'm sad

#1 Post by UbberDevil » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:26 am

So I'm having problems with my girlfriend. She lives with me but we might end up not being together anymore. Which sucks because i love her a lot and my family likes her and her dad pretty much wishes I was his son. I'm hoping things work out.

In the mean time would my fellow phantom babies be able to cheer me up? Hell you could even make fun of me by calling me a pussy or something, I have a good sense of humor.
Q- If Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil...and Sparda is my queen.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#2 Post by v4lor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:37 am

Talk to her. If you ignore it, it will only make things worse. Talking will help you realize the situation, see each other's point of view, and work towards a solution with said problem. If it turns out there's no fixing the problem, well, that's life sometimes, but it'll be better than not dealing with it at all.

Ignoring problems is bad, yo.

(trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. advice/hilarity. though, honestly, I'd kill that chick in the video.)

UbberDevil
Cool

#3 Post by UbberDevil » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 am

not ignoring. We already talked about it and all that but now she wants to be left alone. We still check on each other to see if we're ok. I don't want to go into too much detail but I am aware of the reasons as to why this is happening.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#4 Post by v4lor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Alright, my mistake, I tend to read
I'm hoping things work out.
as ignoring for some reason.

Good luck with everything.

UbberDevil
Cool

#5 Post by UbberDevil » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm

No problem, it's not unreasonable coming to that conclusion.

We talked some more and now she says she just needs me to give her time to think about us and she'll let me know. For now she asks that we just be roommates for a while. That hurts me a bit but if it means the possibility of us staying together then I'll just have to give her space.

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#6 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 am

Well, I'm no good with any tips on relationships, but looking at some fail/wins compilation videos on YouTube manages to cheer me up when I'm gloomy.

I don't make jokes because I lack a good sense of humor.

Addi
I Am The King Of Hell

#7 Post by Addi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 am

Was it anything similar to this kind of arguing ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSt3wJXZk0 (As an example)

I'm mentioning 'arguing' because that's what usually leads to situations such as the one you're describing there, and in which you are finding yourself, sir Ubbert.
In more than 80% of the situations, fights break out from/over petty things that have no real reasoning behind them as to start the said fight whatsoever.

And so you stop being sad and/or bash yourself in the head with thoughts of doubt and guilt. Just know that... We. Men. We are rarely the cause for faults in a relationship.

And, uh, if it's anything like the example i mentioned... then... my suggestion is: Dump her! For your sake and for your sanity's sake. DO IT! Holding on because your families get along is not a valid reason to even try maintaining a relationship you are not feeling well being into. (This goes both ways)

Sorry if i don't come off as wanting to cheer you up.

HAVE A SEAT SIR, LET'S TALK!

UbberDevil
Cool

#8 Post by UbberDevil » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm

No, it's not arguing like that. In fact, thinking about any argument we've had she's never resorted to purposely say things that would hurt me. The reason this situation has presented itself really is my fault. I had been too neglectful towards her feelings. I had been having trouble initiating things: be it sex, taking her out, or doing other little things. As it stands, we are broken up. However, she wants time to get away from her hurt feelings and see if she would end up wanting to be with me again. She can't believe right now that I would start doing more for her and to treat her the way she wants. With time she may start to believe again and then I can get the chance to show her. It's unlikely but it's what I'm hoping for.

and thanks for the responses, guys.

Addi
I Am The King Of Hell

#9 Post by Addi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 am

Well well then. I take it you need to change (Slightly, not completely though; because that's not how it's supposed to be; because the lady will get to thinking that she can do whatever she wants with you by acting a certain way) so she can feel that she can be with you; in that case. If you're at fault as you say, then you should make it right/work out somehow.

UbberDevil
Cool

#10 Post by UbberDevil » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm doing what little I can. I'm still kind to her, as she is still my close friend, and I show no ill-will towards her. There are no words I can say to her as her trust of them has been shaken. So now I can only do actions that I hope tell her that I can be the lover she needs without wholly changing who I am.

UbberDevil
Cool

#11 Post by UbberDevil » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

I need to let this out in some way. I'm feeling incredibly sullen and angry. It's midnight where I am so I can't yell and let out my frustrations. I'm still broken up with my girlfriend but due to certain circumstances she still has to live with me. She said that she wanted time to think about us and just enjoy being single for a while since she felt she had been going from guy-to-guy. She had started hanging out with a guy who was a friend of a friend from work. She's still open with me and tells me how she's feeling. She told me she kind of likes this guy. I didn't like hearing that but at the same time I'm glad she's still honest with me. Well she hung out with him while I was at work today. After she picked me up and after talking for a while....she tells me she had sex with this guy.....AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I wanted and still want so badly for us to get back together but the thought of her with another guy is just devastating. I feel betrayed but we're broken up so it's not fair for me to feel this way but I can't help it. It feels like I'm having a breakdown and I don't know what to do with myself. I want to kick the guy's ass but he didn't do anything wrong. ZI want to yell and scream at my ex but that wouldn't be right either. I have so much hatred and frustration that I can't do anything with! I just feel hollow inside

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#12 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 am

Geez dude...
If I were in your position, I really wouldn't know what to do. I would be angry, meloncholic and betrayed.
Seriously, that's some very harsh shit. My respects to you for handling this amount of stress. You deserve more respect. I really wish you the best of luck.

UbberDevil
Cool

#13 Post by UbberDevil » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks, I'm doing a lot better now. I've accepted that it's over between us and that we're really not right for each other; not right now anyway. We're still friends and all that and I've gotten back into dating again. But yeah, that was a lot i had to deal with and just needed to vent in some way. Bah

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#14 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 am

Well then, that was better than expected.
At least there is plenty of fish in the sea, except that many are rotten.

Esquilin
Cool

#15 Post by Esquilin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 am

UbberDevil wrote:Thanks, I'm doing a lot better now. I've accepted that it's over between us and that we're really not right for each other; not right now anyway. We're still friends and all that and I've gotten back into dating again. But yeah, that was a lot i had to deal with and just needed to vent in some way. Bah
Good decision, a bit too soft for my taste, but hey, this is coming from a man who loves drama and leaving with a bang.

Gl with your dates man, time to cheer up again.

UbberDevil
Cool

#16 Post by UbberDevil » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 am

i actually have a date tomorrow with a girl I've been talking to recently. She seems to really like me so things are looking up. he only thing I'm worried about is that she's catholic and I haven't revealed that I'm atheist. Hopefully that won't be a big problem.

Esquilin
Cool

#17 Post by Esquilin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:16 am

Wow, I forgot that the USA is still a conservative faggot country. Just don't talk about religion at all until you know her attitude regarding that matter. I mean, you don't even have to tell her, she won't ask precisely. Or do girls in the US ask you guys if you go to the church every sunday?

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#18 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 am

Conservative Christians (which can include Catholics) do sometimes have a viewpoint that atheism is almost as bad as being Satanic. If she is very religious it could indeed be a problem. Wait and see how devout she is.

If you do tell her you're an atheist (and try not to mention it at the beginning of a relationship, unless she asks), emphasize that you respect others' faiths, and that you believe in being a good person and following your conscience etc., despite not believing in God.

UbberDevil
Cool

#19 Post by UbberDevil » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 am

Well she has a piercing but I don't know if that means anything about how strong her religious views are. But she seems pretty laid back and hasn't ever mentioned anything religious. So I probably have nothing to worry about.

UbberDevil
Cool

#20 Post by UbberDevil » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 am

aaaaand I got stood up, wonderful.

UbberDevil
Cool

Re: I'm sad

#21 Post by UbberDevil » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 am

Excuse me, wonderful admins, but could you please delete this topic?

Gerbil X
hamster destroyer

#22 Post by Gerbil X » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 am

You've got my condolences, man. That seemed like a really shitty place to be in.
I got nothin to offer as far as advice, but I hope you can feel happier. I do think it's good to talk, though. Being trapped within yourself can be horrifying.
"Do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of reality, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that this reality is all they ever had? And, in a similar vein: do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of happiness, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that they squandered every single opportunity they ever had for real and lasting happiness on Earth?"

UbberDevil
Cool

#23 Post by UbberDevil » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 am

Thank you, but everything is cool now. My ex and I are still on good terms (first time I've gotten that to happen) and she has a place set up for her to live now. I'm currently talking to another girl who finds me to be pretty awesome so I'm excited about that. I just needed a way to vent my frustration when it was present. This topic has no purpose now so it can ingored or deleted. I still thank those that gave me advice or cared enough to post something. You guys are cool

Shadow
Posting Monster

#24 Post by Shadow » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Topics never get deleted on this board. xD
"ERMAHGERD, UH GERT A HURRCURT" - SD

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#25 Post by Super Dante » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:47 am

They can be deleted if you request the mod/admins to do it

Gerbil X
hamster destroyer

#26 Post by Gerbil X » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 am

I think it's good to keep a record of the things posted.
"Do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of reality, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that this reality is all they ever had? And, in a similar vein: do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of happiness, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that they squandered every single opportunity they ever had for real and lasting happiness on Earth?"