DmC demo

Dig my Cojones. The general shitfest forum.

Moderator: Master Ry

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

DmC demo

#1 Post by Tecarmel » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am

It's out Tue Nov 20 in North America, Wed Nov 21 in Europe.

I won't be able to play it until Wed probably, but I want to know what you guys think. How many of you are planning to download it?

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#2 Post by Thin Red Paste » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 am

I'ma give it a go.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#3 Post by Oreo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am

I'll be trying it tomorrow and streaming my first playthrough live around 3PM EST.
Click Dante For My YouTube Page

Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon

#4 Post by Psychochild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Heads up; the demo's a XBL Gold Exclusive so if you don't have gold, best hold off until PSN updates.

Just cleared the first stage and so far it's safe to say...

My grievances in no particular order that'll likely grow the more I play:

Guns are shitty - Rainstorm's really good for generating combo meter, but it also looks really slow, boring and clumsy where I don't want to deal with it in a combo (Same goes for all guns, come to think of it). The worst part is that if there's an enemy directly under Dante, Dante's descent actually gets caught on the enemy's hitbox, slowing his descent further making it look super janky.

Dante's normal gun spam will acquire a target that I can only assume is by whoever's closest but you can't tell until you start firing and only after the fact can you start cycling through targets with L3 which feels awful. Dante also doesn't have a nice, smooth arc when firing gun spam in the air which is disappointing.

Richochet is also a hideous looking ability that doesn't feel that great to actually use - It charges fast, but it's inconsistent (Sometimes it'll bounce three times, sometimes none at all) and it's too easy to lose the charge if you're trying to combo into it due to Dante's uncancellable frames after a move. It also plays hell with your combos if you try to angel pull and your target gets whacked with it.

The Arbiter's largely useless as every hit of its ground combos causes knockback. Every. Hit. The larger enemies don't get kicked around much, but I've never seen a simpler weapon in a combo-heavy game that makes you work so hard because you want to use it. This limits its use to launching enemies with the Tremor which admittedly is a nice launcher and the air O/B move, seeing as how the Y/Triangle move doesn't play well with -anything- (It's effectively Killer Bee if Dante didn't do anything interesting and fired a projectile off instead).

Rebellion's equally bland - Dante's wild swings are aesthetically unpleasant when they aren't outright boring and Dante's new sluggishness with Stinger and how cumbersome it feels does it no favors. Helmbreaker gets a nice close up which helps give it a sense of impact which is nice, but otherwise the weapon's just serviceable.

The only weapon worth a damn is the Osiris which I actually like. The swings are fast and wide, but appear very controlled. It opens up a lot of interesting combo potential with Rake (Which both looks cool and has incredible utility in aerial combos as it'll drag enemies beneath you up into the fray), has some great, wide-reaching aerial combos, features a Stinger style move that's much more easier to use than Stinger, has AOE coverage and draws enemies in.

What else. Angel/Demon Pull are fine - If you hold Jump upon flinging yourself/dragging your target, you can do a ghetto DMC4-style Trickster...Enemy...Hop thing (Name escapes me). Jump cancelling enemies is lulzy as jumping off an enemy actually resets their aerial momentum. To give this context, imagine JCing Shocking in DMC4 and having every time Dante jumps off the enemy results in the enemy hovering in the air.

Long post short, Dante handles like crap and the game bores me. I'm still trying to fiddle with the combat engine to see if I can get halfway competent with it, but I'm having a really tough time caring unlike previous games because it feels very... slapdash. There's simply too many elements that don't jive well together unlike Nero or Vergil where every move felt like it had a purpose and could combo seamlessly into one another effortlessly. Even DMC3 Dante with some miserable weapon/style set ups feel more cohesive than Dino.

This game feels like DMC2 all over again.

Ely
Posting Monster

#5 Post by Ely » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for wading through that for us TaZ. Having played the demo, would you recommend that others take the time and bandwidth to try it out as well? Or is it really not worth any effort whatsoever?

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

#6 Post by Gerbil Zero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

TaZ

Askilfeasd
Posting Monster

#7 Post by Askilfeasd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Ely wrote:TaZ
We've got no clues about the perp. We don't even have a sus because the sec with the mo's got a perf al.

Psychochild

#8 Post by Psychochild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Ely wrote:Thanks for wading through that for us TaZ. Having played the demo, would you recommend that others take the time and bandwidth to try it out as well? Or is it really not worth any effort whatsoever?
Wait, who? TAZ? Aw HELL nah. Bitch, why you gotta be like this? Is it because I bore you so much with my long winded posts you start thinking about any old fuck who crosses your mind? Do I no longer turn your intellectual crank?

... Oh God.

You've been reading another man's posts all this time, haven't you?! How long has this been going on and more importantly, where the fuck do you get off reading Taz's posts for fuck's sake?! I mean, if I were going to trapeze around Phantom Babies like the trollop you are, I'd at least gravitate towards one of the few decent posters left on this board. Even VJ's a step up in comparison to the drivel TaZ vomits up on a good day.

Going back on topic as you're probably too busy thinking about some other fuckwit slamming out some unwarranted and unsolicited opinion about shit you don't really care about, probably. According to the Gamefaqs forums, I am one of three dissenting opinions and I've already been labeled a troll as I have well reasoned posts explaining why I don't care for the game. Clearly I must be mad, because there's no other reason for why I'm the only one who can identify it for the shit it is.

Neophos
Dull

#9 Post by Neophos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Jump cancelling in the game is possible, but in the demo, utterly useless. With two variants of Snatch as well as Scoop, and delayed combos giving more air than a double jump, you'll only ever run out of air if you want to.

The two pulls have really weird follow-ups, as well. The angel pull (pulls you to the enemy) got a launcher follow-up if you're grounded, which is... decent, I suppose? The demon pull (pulls them to you), on the other hand, has a follow-up that kicks them away. Yes, the built-in follow-up to Snatch is to kick them out of range again, so you'll have to pull them in once more.

Scoop is an amazing move, by the way. It's utterly broken, it's probably at the same or higher level of power as level 3 Snatch, but it just feels so wacky, like scooping ice cream.

The axe is one of the most boring weapons I've used in any game. It only really got one attack, which is the launcher. All other moves with it are shit. Also, the launcher is a gigantic attack. It doesn't matter if you can't aim when you don't have to.

If the frame rate wasn't so shit (yes, it's 30 FPS and it STILL drops frames often), the environments could've looked decent, but there's a lot of blur and bloom and generally the only really good-looking place in the demo is the secret mission where you race to the finish.

Funny thing about the demo: It gives you some sort of upgrade orbs, I guess?, but you never get the chance to actually buy upgrades.

Also, I managed to freeze the boss' AI. It just stood still and did nothing, even when I threw the axe at it and shot it with my guns. Had to hit it with Rebellion to restart it.

As predicted, the general masses seem to love it, but make no mistake: This is no DMC game. It's not even close.

Askilfeasd
Posting Monster

#10 Post by Askilfeasd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Psychochild wrote:Going back on topic as you're probably too busy thinking about some other fuckwit slamming out some unwarranted and unsolicited opinion about shit you don't really care about, probably. According to the Gamefaqs forums, I am one of three dissenting opinions and I've already been labeled a troll as I have well reasoned posts explaining why I don't care for the game. Clearly I must be mad, because there's no other reason for why I'm the only one who can identify it for the shit it is.
yeh u mad
We've got no clues about the perp. We don't even have a sus because the sec with the mo's got a perf al.

Psychochild

#11 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 am

Jump cancelling in the game is possible, but in the demo, utterly useless. With two variants of Snatch as well as Scoop, and delayed combos giving more air than a double jump, you'll only ever run out of air if you want to.
Plus, your style decay hits haaaaaard in this game. By the second repetition, you're no longer gaining style meter so it honestly is pointless other than as a personal flourish as Helmbreaker JCs look pretty cool, though little else actually does. It's very clear how it was implemented that it was a last minute response to fan outcry.
Scoop is an amazing move, by the way. It's utterly broken, it's probably at the same or higher level of power as level 3 Snatch, but it just feels so wacky, like scooping ice cream.
I do like me my Rake.
The axe is one of the most boring weapons I've used in any game. It only really got one attack, which is the launcher. All other moves with it are shit. Also, the launcher is a gigantic attack. It doesn't matter if you can't aim when you don't have to.
Actually, the delayed combo (Attack, Attack, Pause, Attack) is very good if you're using Osiris or Rebellion to combo into it as that third hit deals obscene damage and makes your style meter leap ridiculously high. Flush also isn't terrible from range, though it's not particularly good in the air due to the awkward downward angle it travels at and how every other aerial combo in the game pops enemies upwards and/or away at the end.
The two pulls have really weird follow-ups, as well. The angel pull (pulls you to the enemy) got a launcher follow-up if you're grounded, which is... decent, I suppose? The demon pull (pulls them to you), on the other hand, has a follow-up that kicks them away. Yes, the built-in follow-up to Snatch is to kick them out of range again, so you'll have to pull them in once more.
What's the style gain/damage off that? I mean, it's natural to dismiss it because it's an Arbiter move which requires fucking everything be knocked away on hit, but there's got to be more to it than that.
Funny thing about the demo: It gives you some sort of upgrade orbs, I guess?, but you never get the chance to actually buy upgrades.
Eh, gives you an idea the rate you can accumulate upgrade orbs, so there's something. Makes the pre-order bonus of three or however many free upgrade orbs laughable.

I will give credit where it's due though, I do appreciate that Ninja Theory streamlined SSS ranking missions by having style points, time, and a new one ranking called "Completion" that is actually consistent on all playthroughs if you find all the keys, lost souls and secret missions in a level so that in future playthroughs, you just need to concentrate on style and time. Having orbs being a parameter for S-Ranking's was redundant the second they dragged style points into the ratings. The game feels much better on PS3 too to where I don't outright detest it as much as I do on the 360, but not enough to warrant anything more than a rental.

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#12 Post by Thin Red Paste » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

there's surprisingly little in this demo that offends me. Just the control scheme/lack of manual lock and the poor framerate (30 my ass, it dips hard and frequently). Also, fighting two enemies that require opposite weapons is kind of annoying. Fuckers love to stand right next to each other.

I played it on ps3 and my inputs were fine, but I hear reports of the 360 version having some pretty awful input lag.

Also, I've never been so happy about shitty texture resolution - you can't see any of the engraving garbage on ebony and ivory at all, they just look like pretty normal guns, aside from the grips which are hidden by donte's hands.

Psychochild

#13 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 am

Thin Red Paste wrote:Also, fighting two enemies that require opposite weapons is kind of annoying. Fuckers love to stand right next to each other.
Releasing the demo with the Son of Sparda is possibly the worst thing they could've done with this demo. I get -why- they would do it, but nothing exacerbates the bizarre issues with auto-lock than putting a large, dangerous mob who's immune to everything but a single weapon in a pack of swing-happy mobs (Especially when one of these weapons is so dull and feels so under-developed at that point in the game to be interesting). That's not even taking into consideration when Dante's lock on fails entirely and he's doing things like shooting a wall or Streaking/Stingering/Flushing -away- from the pack of mobs you want him to be attacking.
I played it on ps3 and my inputs were fine, but I hear reports of the 360 version having some pretty awful input lag.
I haven't seen any input lag on the 360 version in the time I've played it, but that is by no means an endorsement for that version. My hands were in agony after I was done with that demo.

Neophos
Dull

#14 Post by Neophos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 am

What's the style gain/damage off that? I mean, it's natural to dismiss it because it's an Arbiter move which requires fucking everything be knocked away on hit, but there's got to be more to it than that.
It didn't really seem to do any real damage at all. I stood with one of the flying babies and pulled-kicked it for a while, and it gives like, the style points and damage as the first hit of HACKER. (RebComboI)

(On the topic of names: I actually smiled a bit at one move's name. Prop was named so earlier in the games due to its follow-up, Shredder, because it's a move that shreds props. Now Prop stands for "Propeller", since that's how you spin the scythe.)
I do like me my Rake.
I think Scoop JC xN is the easiest way in any game ever to gain infinite air. I tried to get as many mooks as I could to the top of the world to combo them there, but then the damn babies came and shot me.
That's not even taking into consideration when Dante's lock on fails entirely and he's doing things like shooting a wall or Streaking/Stingering/Flushing -away- from the pack of mobs you want him to be attacking.
I did some testing with the lock-on to see how much you could force it into aiming at what you want, but it's really dense at times. I went up on a balcony on the first stage when one chainsaw fucker and some mooks spawned, and tried getting a pull on one of the mooks... Shit ain't easy. Sometimes he didn't seem like he could reach them (which says something, because these things have bloody infinite range), sometimes he only wanted to pull the big one, sometimes he just flailed wildly.

The camera annoyed me as well. It's mostly decent, but some times it starts messing up, and you want to lock-on to something in order to make it focus again... And you end up having to spin around the camera manually in order not to stare into a wall.

By the by, is Son of Sparda the game's Hard or Dante Must Die?

Phoenon
Sweet!

#15 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:44 am

Psychochild

#16 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 am

By the by, is Son of Sparda the game's Hard or Dante Must Die?
Very Hard. After Son of Sparda there's Dante Must Die, Heaven and Hell and Hell and Hell if the achievements are anything to go by. Before that, you have three difficulties which cover the easy-hard range.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#17 Post by Andy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 am

I've enjoyed worse, but damn. Really shitty design ahoy.

It's as I said: red enemies can't really be comboed (plus Arbiter is useless!) so they're unfun to fight and take forever to kill. Blue enemies can only be hit by Osiris which is SUPER weak... so they take forever to kill. I can't decide which is worse.
Also, fighting two enemies that require opposite weapons is kind of annoying. Fuckers love to stand right next to each other.
ARGH. It's like they actively don't want you to utilize combos, which is the only aspect that even comes close to redeeming this game. And they can't even get the whole "kill retarded enemies with cool moves" thing right, when DMC3 did. It's obviously what they're going for, too, which makes all these design choices really depressing.

The boss fight is ok. She's basically a modified Cerberus and she gets those fire pillars (rock pillars now?) we all know and love on SoS. Not offensive, but when "not offensive" is the highest praise I can give... yo.
War were declared.

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#18 Post by Oreo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 am

I found a bug on my second playthrough of the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jPxeNzQ5nw

Psychochild

#19 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:28 am

Andy wrote:I've enjoyed worse, but damn. Really shitty design ahoy.

It's as I said: red enemies can't really be comboed (plus Arbiter is useless!) so they're unfun to fight and take forever to kill. Blue enemies can only be hit by Osiris which is SUPER weak... so they take forever to kill. I can't decide which is worse.
Red's faaaaaar worse. At least with Osiris, you can get decent coverage to keep most everything else on the ground with you off your back and their special attack is both easy to avoid and can actually be parried, apparently (I've frozen them a few times). With red, you have a slow, largely single target weapon and his special attack is much more cumbersome to avoid and the area of effect on their ridiculous special attack is both huge and significantly breaks up the action if you're not already committed to an air juggle.

Volteccer_Jack
Phantom Baby

#20 Post by Volteccer_Jack » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am

FUCK THIS GAME IS UGLY

I mean, damn. It's like playing as a big pile of throw-up, running around on Itagaki's face, fighting monsters made out of poo and semen. While having my eyes gouged out by Louie Anderson.

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING UGLY PART OF ME THINKS THE HILARIOUSLY SHITTY FRAMERATE IS GOOD, SINCE I'M SEEING LESS OF THE GAME

I can't even get properly enraged about the mechanics because I'm too busy mentally holding back the flood of hideousness. Though that move that does literally nothing except pull an enemy next to you and then immediately knock them away again is pretty damn funny.

EDIT--I MEAN HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE I CANNOT CONVEY HOW UGLY THIS GAME IS
"The artistic temperament is a disease that afflicts amateurs."
"Don't worry about quality. I've got quantity!"

tatsumaruXzero
SSStylish!!!

#21 Post by tatsumaruXzero » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

I love you VJ. And I can wholeheartedly endorse more times than Obama and Mitt the above message.

I've played this game, and it is ass..

He is the One..
One of the "old vanguards"...I'm "old"? :(
8 year veteran, I've been said I'm through with this bullshit game but I never can.

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#22 Post by BassOmegaX » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 pm

How the bloody hell do you guys play this game with the damn controls? I rather just have a toggle than hold. I end up doing moves that I don't want to do. I really don't have enough control on Donte. (Un)Surprisingly enough though, I still never died.

Psychochild

#23 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 pm

BassOmegaX wrote:How the bloody hell do you guys play this game with the damn controls? I rather just have a toggle than hold. I end up doing moves that I don't want to do. I really don't have enough control on Donte. (Un)Surprisingly enough though, I still never died.
The controls are... not adequate, but they technically function (Which is more than I can say for Heavenly Sword). The hardest hang-up for me now rests between remembering the input for the Air Dash is on L2 and that fucking auto-lock.

CSB TIME

So no shit, there I am playing Son of Sparda. I get to the part of the first fight where there's three shielded cherubs and a chainsaw guy that spawn very close together. Naturally I want to take out the cherubs so I can combo the chainsaw guy uninterrupted. In this fight I proceed to de-shield two different cherubs when I was just trying to de-shield one and drag it to me, attempting to interrupt one of their projectile bolts with gunfire ended up having Dante targeting the chainsaw guy, getting me hit by the bolt I was trying to interrupt and when I had a cherub to my left and a chainsaw guy to my right and I tried to stinger the cherub by hitting left-left-melee, Dante proceeded to stinger forward towards the one corner on the screen that didn't house anything of interest.

Next fight, two chainsaw guys, one cherub. I try to de-shield the Cherub again, but it had gone off-screen while I was doing the input. I proceed to hover in the air panning the camera right while spamming the Demon Pull over and over because I don't have the Cherub targeted and have no idea where the Hell it is. I kill the Cherub, land on the ground next to a chainsaw guy who's ready to stab me. I hit him with two strikes from Arbiter, roll away, charge up a Drive, release and... end up having Dante lock onto the chainsaw guy halfway across the screen slightly behind the chainsaw guy (And a fountain to boot) that was trying to murder me. Some more time goes by, I juggle a chainsaw guy, hit him with Aerial Flush to knock him away and try to do a Demon Pull to drag him back, but Dante instead turns to the other Chainsaw Guy on the ground behind me who wasn't about to tolerate any of my shit as he was already in that red I'MMA GUNNA CHAINSAW YOU mode. As you'd expect, Dante tries to grapple him, fails, and eats a chainsaw blade.

And just now starting a new playthrough of the first stage. I hit forward forward melee to stinger towards the trigger to start the first fight. Dante stingers directly behind him at the camera.

Fuck this game.
Last edited by Psychochild on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow
Posting Monster

#24 Post by Shadow » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm

That kind of shit is one of the things I was afraid of. :\
"ERMAHGERD, UH GERT A HURRCURT" - SD

Psychochild

#25 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

HEY GUYS, REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL SAW THAT POISON VIDEO AND YOU WERE ALL LOL THIS STYLE SYSTEM IS BROKEN BECAUSE THIS GUY HIT SSS IN NO TIME SPAMMING A SINGLE MOVE AND I WAS ALL "CLEARLY IT'S A SPECIAL SITUATION AND THIS DOESN'T APPLY THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME."

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b3oIhgHGJ0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b3oIhgHGJ0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

WOOOOO.

7foot_sativa
Absolute

#26 Post by 7foot_sativa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm

My grammar is 100% trial and error, so if it has any flaws feel free to call it out. That way it can improve! :D

Phoenon
Sweet!

#27 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Psychochild

#28 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 pm

This was actually enlightening. Also, I can't figure out if this guy keeps spamming those JCs solely to look cool or simply to point out how stupid they look, but that was very exciting and entertaining.

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#29 Post by Thin Red Paste » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 am

apparently there IS a use for the charged shot. it knocks the chainsaw guys out of their super armor moves.

Also, I can forgive most of this game's shortcomings. I actually still have fun with the demo. But I really can't forgive the fucking frustrating auto lock thing. you can sort of kind of finangle the targeting if you start shooting ebony and ivory and then click the left stick. that'll let you switch targets, but as soon as you stop shooting you lose it.

NT: for the love of god, just add a lock on button to the controls. Let it be a custom bind only thing if you must, I don't even care. that shit would make the whole game so much better.

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#30 Post by Oreo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 am

Thin Red Paste wrote:apparently there IS a use for the charged shot. it knocks the chainsaw guys out of their super armor moves.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b3oIhgHGJ0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TMpTI5fZFpk?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Uhhh... no?
Last edited by Oreo on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#31 Post by Thin Red Paste » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 am

has to be at max charge. if it doesn't bounce around for like 2 or 3 seconds you didn't charge it enough. I didn't realize that at the time of posting.

You charged to level 2, there's a level 3. a fully charged shot is actually pretty decent for crowd control. it bounces around for a long time and interrupts everything.

I might actually change my control scheme to make use of this, like I did with nero's gun in dmc4.

edit: I tried changing it, and it actually worked out well. I never used the l1 evade because i'm not a retarded monkey that can't press r1 and r2 at the same time, so I put shoot on that and rebound the gun special to the normal shoot. this makes the rainstorm moves come out more reliably, lets me use them while charging, lets me keep my charge more easily, and as a special bonus feature, let me discover I can still release my charged shots in angel and demon forms. That does get in the way of the pull thing sometimes though. and since they made it so you can hit shoot once every few years and still get full fire rate, if for some reason I want to do the useless normal shots I still can. I might play with my layout a little more though, i think i can make it more efficient.

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#32 Post by Oreo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b3oIhgHGJ0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WvXYnDdnR4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Apparently I'm the best.

Shadow
Posting Monster

#33 Post by Shadow » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 am

Yo teach me your SSSenSSSational SSSecrets. How can you be so good at this game?

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#34 Post by Oreo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

First, you stand around and do nothing. Then, you dodge.

Step three, you make her open the box. And that's the way you do it.

GeM
Phantom Baby

#35 Post by GeM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:49 pm

This feels like God of War. But in bad. Double Tapping the analogue stick to do smth is the fucking worst. Fuck.
Last edited by GeM on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#36 Post by Thin Red Paste » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:50 pm

if there's anyone who hasn't already figured this out, the boss fight is piss easy. you just annoy it with ebony and ivory to bait the melee attack, dodge or parry that, and then go ham while the face is exposed. and you can pretty much loop the AI this way, and never have to deal with the AOE knockback or the puke. sometimes it'll still do the pillars but those are child's play to avoid, just run around for a few seconds. Fight takes no time and holds no challenge even on SOS.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#37 Post by v4lor » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm

ham
I hate you.

Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!

#38 Post by Thin Red Paste » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:12 pm

YOLO!

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

#39 Post by Gerbil Zero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm

TaZ wrote:HEY GUYS, REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL SAW THAT POISON VIDEO AND YOU WERE ALL LOL THIS STYLE SYSTEM IS BROKEN BECAUSE THIS GUY HIT SSS IN NO TIME SPAMMING A SINGLE MOVE AND I WAS ALL "CLEARLY IT'S A SPECIAL SITUATION AND THIS DOESN'T APPLY THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME."
Holy shit, TaZ. Didn't realize the boss was so easy to loop. Pathetic.

Charles
Phantom Baby

#40 Post by Charles » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Thin Red Paste wrote:if there's anyone who hasn't already figured this out, the boss fight is piss easy. you just annoy it with ebony and ivory to bait the melee attack, dodge or parry that, and then go ham while the face is exposed. and you can pretty much loop the AI this way, and never have to deal with the AOE knockback or the puke. sometimes it'll still do the pillars but those are child's play to avoid, just run around for a few seconds. Fight takes no time and holds no challenge even on SOS.
Yeah, I just demon dodge her attacks since I already know her attack pattern for the most part and when exactly to do demon dodge to rack up style points like crazy. Didn't know you can just use the E&I to bait. That will be useful when I do the boss fight on SOS next time.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#41 Post by Andy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 am

Demon dodge plus first two Hacker hits into Trinity Slash is OP as fuck. It just... kills EVERYTHING. Including Poison. Though it does get more fun once the enemies take 20 seconds to kill instead of 2 minutes.
War were declared.

Psychochild

#42 Post by Psychochild » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 am

Gerbil Zero wrote:
TaZ wrote:HEY GUYS, REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL SAW THAT POISON VIDEO AND YOU WERE ALL LOL THIS STYLE SYSTEM IS BROKEN BECAUSE THIS GUY HIT SSS IN NO TIME SPAMMING A SINGLE MOVE AND I WAS ALL "CLEARLY IT'S A SPECIAL SITUATION AND THIS DOESN'T APPLY THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME."
Holy shit, TaZ. Didn't realize the boss was so easy to loop. Pathetic.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fc5f-jm-O44?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fc5f-jm-O44?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Also, because I've known you've all been tossing and turning sleeplessly at night wondering, Alexx seems to be a fan.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-d ... y/64708736

Carcinogen
Dull

#43 Post by Carcinogen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 am

Donte's "Fuck you!" is probably the greatest thing to come since "Downward Fucking Dog!"

TaZ
The Temporary Autonomous Zone

#44 Post by TaZ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

I don't even have anything to do with DmC why am I mixed up in this? :( :( :(
...I'm fairly sure if they took porn off the internet there'd only be one website left and it'd be called 'Bring Back the Porn'...

Atra Viator
Phantom Baby

#45 Post by Atra Viator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Alex wrote: Graphics are fantastic
*Twitch*

Also, just throwing it out there, that I'm -sure- that there are some differences between the demo and the build I played. Will investigate further.

For starters, straight off of the bat OH HOLY FUCK THE BLOOM, OWCH MY EYES I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.
"Maybe if you stop being an emo, it grows? Your beard is probably too emotional to come out" - Devil Dante

parkent
Dull

#46 Post by parkent » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm a hardcore casual gamer, and I just played the demo... Its not THAT bad. I've played DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4 and while it may not be up to par with those games it wasn't a horrific shitpocalypse that you guys (I'm looking at you especially Volteccer_Jack) think it is. Here is my review.

Graphics: They're good, not the best and the character models are decent

Music: pretty bad its a buncha generic metal and guitar riffs

Gameplay: Its okay the controls were kinda an Issue and I wasn't a fan of the way the shoulder buttons control which weapon you use. The angel Air Dash thing was pretty rad though.

Story: From what I could tell... who cares no one plays Devil May Cry for the plot, so Fuck It

I'd give it about a 75/100

not great but not terrible, its the type of game you buy once it drops below $20

Oreo
Phantom Baby

#47 Post by Oreo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Shadow
Posting Monster

#48 Post by Shadow » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Charles
Phantom Baby

#49 Post by Charles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but apparently you can charge moves that need to be charged (like Charge Shot, Drive, etc.) during Evade, Demon Dodge, or any other moves that have a long enough animation. Just sharing this little tidbit because there might be some use for this.

Archon473
Bravo

#50 Post by Archon473 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 pm

parkent wrote:Story: From what I could tell... who cares no one plays Devil May Cry for the plot, so Fuck It
You must not have paid attention during DMC1 and DMC4. Action games can have great plots, and knowing the protagonist's motivation for enduring his or her endeavor motivates the player to protect the character and see them succeed.

Also, I know who you are. Also, you know who I am.