Aquilia and DMD demo 11/27 at 3-4PM PST.

Dig my Cojones. The general shitfest forum.

Moderator: Master Ry

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

Aquilia and DMD demo 11/27 at 3-4PM PST.

#1 Post by Psychochild » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 pm


User avatar
v4lor
Phantom Baby
Posts: 3563
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

#2 Post by v4lor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 am

Joy. I'll probably be bored enough to watch a Capcom employee try to make the game look interesting. Maybe.

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#3 Post by Phoenon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am

I can only hope it's as amusing as the playthrough of the DmC Demo with 2 guys that don't even like DMC games and complained about the style meter judging him constantly.

Also if noone noticed, they actually took that video down eventually because the comments section was assblasting them.

User avatar
Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

#4 Post by Thin Red Paste » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 am

ok, predictions.

I predict red and blue chainsaw guys in every room, with harpies providing air harrassment.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#5 Post by Phoenon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 am

I wonder if they'll still retain the "enemies Devil Triggering after a while" mechanic.

Or maybe they'll make it to where the Devil Trigger is actually just the enemies turning red or blue after awhile whether you're mid-combo or not.

User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

#6 Post by Psychochild » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 am

Phoenon wrote:I wonder if they'll still retain the "enemies Devil Triggering after a while" mechanic.

Or maybe they'll make it to where the Devil Trigger is actually just the enemies turning red or blue after awhile whether you're mid-combo or not.
I'm holding out for a DT where enemies go red or blue, then turn blue or red after ten seconds just because. It's like Ikaruga if Ikaruga was a miserably designed piece of trash!

User avatar
Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p
Posts: 13732
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: The Moon
Contact:

#7 Post by Super Dante » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 am

Psychochild wrote:
Phoenon wrote:I wonder if they'll still retain the "enemies Devil Triggering after a while" mechanic.

Or maybe they'll make it to where the Devil Trigger is actually just the enemies turning red or blue after awhile whether you're mid-combo or not.
I'm holding out for a DT where enemies go red or blue, then turn blue or red after ten seconds just because. It's like Ikaruga if Ikaruga was a miserably designed piece of trash!
This is such an awful idea for DT'd enemies that I think Psycho may have predicted what they did to DT in this game

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#8 Post by Phoenon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

The comment chatbox is already a shitfest.

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#9 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

Oh god what the fuck, he takes no damage whatsoever in Donte Must Die difficulty.

EDIT: Nevermind I guess, just starting on Normal. Still, that fucking Tornado move looks busted as hell.
Last edited by Phoenon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

#10 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

Phoenon wrote:Oh god what the fuck, he takes no damage whatsoever in Donte Must Die difficulty.
He's starting on Devil Hunter, as they said a few times to this point. This is for the sake of demoing Aquila easily.

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#11 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am

"Although slower, I believe the battle system will be a lot better now."

Image

User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

#12 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

By the way. Brea's a chump because she's a stupid noob who can't connect Rake. And did you hear about the DLC Pre-order bonus? You can get DLC for free if you pre-order. You should pre-order because it has Vergil and it's free. You do like free Vergil right? Because you can get free DLC with Vergil in it if you pre-order today. You did pre-order today to get your free Vergil DLC, right? It's only free if you pre-order it. You pre-order it yet?

User avatar
sshplur
Phantom Baby
Posts: 1419
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:23 pm

#13 Post by sshplur » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

Itsuno is creative director?

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#14 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 am

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/343507087

Archive of the stream for anyone that missed it.

User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

#15 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 am

Welp. DT was underwhelming. Nothing drastic, but the effects in combat appeared to be barely noticeable. I do like how they tried to emphasize the jump in difficulties by running the demo in Normal Mode and then pointing out things like OH SHIT ENEMIES ARE BLOCKIN' NOW which... y'know, they already sort of did in Son of Sparda. Enemies were recovering after E&I bullet spam at points faster than Greg could whip them up to him was new and something that'll likely only exist to randomly kill the momentum of a combo. Can't wait!

Couldn't tell any real difference on enemies while DTed. Greg spent a lot of time getting himself cornered by everything and doing stupid shit, making a big deal out of showing how rough DmC is with regards to how much damage they take off Default Health Dante which looks like a fair deal less compared to other games. There's also a lot more red guys which made that fight by the fountain in the demo go on forever as he spammed the same Eryx combo over and over.

Aquila doesn't look terrible, at least. It fills a reasonable niche, even if the weapon doesn't feel like a DMC weapon whatsoever (It seemed like something more fit for an Arcs System Works fighting game) and it looks good in conjunction with Osiris. Shame that Demon Stance weapons are so dull in direct comparison, especially due to the prevalence of stance-only enemies.

I also sort of like what they did with the shotgun's muzzle flashes replaced with large puffs of smoke that hang in the air to illustrate where the shots went, but man is that jumping shotgun animation wonky as Hell.

In short, resounding "Meh."

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#16 Post by Phoenon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 am

Looks on par with DMC3's Hard Mode in my opinion.

If there's a New Game + option like in DMC3/4 should they decide to retain that, with all the health upgrades, the damage is going to be pitiful in the long run.

User avatar
Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 am
Contact:

#17 Post by Psychochild » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 am

Phoenon wrote:Looks on par with DMC3's Hard Mode in my opinion.

If there's a New Game + option like in DMC3/4 should they decide to retain that, with all the health upgrades, the damage is going to be pitiful in the long run.
No, because on DMC3:SE's hard mode, a pride deals about 14% damage to Dante a whack with or without DT. In DmC, without DT a Stygian (Blue or otherwise) only deals about 10% damage.

DMC3's <i>less forgiving on the adjusted-for-difficulty Hard mode in the re-release</i>.

User avatar
ChaserTech
Cool
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 am

#18 Post by ChaserTech » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 am

The new weapon seemed semi interesting to me. It just bugged the hell out of me that the person playing barely got past the first few waves of enemies in DMD.
Image

User avatar
v4lor
Phantom Baby
Posts: 3563
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

#19 Post by v4lor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

"They've done away the styles but that gives you access to moves inspired by all the styles. So in theory, he's a much more versatile Dante instead of one that at any one time is good at one thing, and now he's good at all things."

*sigh*

User avatar
Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p
Posts: 13732
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: The Moon
Contact:

#20 Post by Super Dante » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 pm

v4lor wrote:"They've done away the styles but that gives you access to moves inspired by all the styles. So in theory, he's a much more versatile Dante instead of one that at any one time is good at one thing, and now he's good at all things."

*sigh*
this is seriously the worst

User avatar
GeM
Phantom Baby
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: GeMsokyo
Contact:

#21 Post by GeM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 pm

I like the new weapon, finally not some standard bs like lolscythe and lolaxe.

Now if only there was lock-on I could try to enjoy it for what it is. But not having that feels so bad man.
Image

User avatar
UbberDevil
Cool
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:54 am

#22 Post by UbberDevil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 am

I feel like I'm in the minority on this site where I'm looking forward to this...oh well, I still like it here.
Q- If Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil...and Sparda is my queen.

User avatar
v4lor
Phantom Baby
Posts: 3563
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

#23 Post by v4lor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 am

UbberDevil wrote:I feel like I'm in the minority on this site where I'm looking forward to this...oh well, I still like it here.
No, you're one of many looking forward to it, just maybe not one looking forward to it to shit on it.

Honestly, I think there's a lot of fun to be had here, just not of the Devil May Cry quality we've been looking for. I still think it's a competent action game, just that it doesn't live up to Devil May Cry standards.

User avatar
Crazy
Phantom Baby
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:13 am

#24 Post by Crazy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 am

v4lor wrote:
UbberDevil wrote:I feel like I'm in the minority on this site where I'm looking forward to this...oh well, I still like it here.
No, you're one of many looking forward to it, just maybe not one looking forward to it to shit on it.

Honestly, I think there's a lot of fun to be had here, just not of the Devil May Cry quality we've been looking for. I still think it's a competent action game, just that it doesn't live up to Devil May Cry standards.
So it's what DMC2 was back in the day? <_<
Image

User avatar
Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

#25 Post by Thin Red Paste » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 am

The spam bots here can't hold a candle to the ones from the old The Specialists forums.
joe salton wrote: I have seen all internet.

Do or die, guys!
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

User avatar
Thin Red Paste
SShowtime!!
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

#26 Post by Thin Red Paste » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 pm

this is getting out of hand.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

User avatar
Phoenon
Sweet!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Contact:

#27 Post by Phoenon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:43 pm

It's your fault for provoking them.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest