Played Through Vergil's Downfall and got all achievements

Dig my Cojones. The general shitfest forum.

Moderator: Master Ry

UbberDevil
Cool

Played Through Vergil's Downfall and got all achievements

#1 Post by UbberDevil » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 pm

First I'll leave this here, it's from the stats section of the game when I look at it:

Number of health cross fragments collected: 20 out of 19

Times Hollow Vergil defeated: 0

Highest Completion percentage for Missions 1 thru 6: 100

Achievements section

Might Controls Everything: Gain 100% Completion rank on all missions: 1/6

...anyway, i gotta say the DLC is much better than the main game. i actually had to try when going through Vergil Must Die. I enjoy all the attacks Vergil has and how they work. The better one require timing to pull off so they're more satisfying. Corrupt Vergil looks dumb as hell so stick to "Weak Vergil". It'd be nice if it were longer but, unlike the main game where I lost all interest in playing it again after getting all achievements, I actually want to keep playing as Vergil.

There are still plenty of glitches and it's annoying when I keep slipping of the stage and eat fall damage or when enemies fall of the stage and die, losing me style points (seriously, put up some walls or something I didn't think the "Downfall" part would be so literal). Overall it felt like I was playing a DMC game again; more so than DmC's main game did anyway.
Q- If Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil...and Sparda is my queen.

Ely
Posting Monster

#2 Post by Ely » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 am

Thanks for the post! How does the DLC hold up against DMC3? It seems somewhat comparable, albeit with sloppier movement and remixed move lists.

UbberDevil
Cool

#3 Post by UbberDevil » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 am

It's very similar to DMC3 but still not so much. The air trick system works strangely and I just don't use it. You can Trick up and Trick down like Vergil could in DMC3 and it just requires one button press: L1 for trick up and R1 for trick down. But theres a problem. If you press either of those button while tilting the analogue stick you'll dash forward and I mean the tiniest nudge of the stick will do that. And with how fast paced everything is you'll almost always end up dashing instead of air tricking.

So I just rely on the dash and his pull mechanic. You can embed a phantom sword into an enemy and either teleport to them or have them teleport to you. This system works fine so no worries there. Yamato is your only weapon but it has lots of moves and uses. I actually like this better because, yes, Yamato's moveset in DMC3 was cool but I wanted it to be more fleshed out. This game does that and I'm happy for that.

Hollow Vergil is what the regular Vergil boss fight should have been (he actually does stuff). He performs ground combos and mixes different attacks together. Dealing with his summoned swords is more annoying tho. I haven't found a way to break them quickly so the only option is to parry. You can't dodge them as they'll hit you no matter what you do and on higher difficulties once you get hit by one you'll get hit by the rest.

But they game is challenging, since Vergil doesn't have broken ass weapons you have to keep watch of what the enemies are doing.

any other questions feel free to ask

Esquilin
Cool

#4 Post by Esquilin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Welp, guess it's about time to wait for the next DLC again. Bet it's going to be turbo mode.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#5 Post by v4lor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:24 am

Esquilin wrote:Welp, guess it's about time to wait for the next DLC again. Bet it's going to be turbo mode.
And Vergil in BP, don't forget.

Crazy
Phantom Baby

#6 Post by Crazy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm

This topic isn't what I expected.

Who told you to enjoy DmC? Join the hate train, dammit.

Esquilin
Cool

#7 Post by Esquilin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm

v4lor wrote:
Esquilin wrote:Welp, guess it's about time to wait for the next DLC again. Bet it's going to be turbo mode.
And Vergil in BP, don't forget.
Naw, capcom will wait half a year and release a new "Super DMC:DMC all DLC Pack+Vergil BP-Mode" retail to sell more physical copies and get more $. Just look at street fighter.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#8 Post by v4lor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Esquilin wrote:Naw, capcom will wait half a year and release a new "Super DMC:DMC all DLC Pack+Vergil BP-Mode" retail to sell more physical copies and get more $. Just look at street fighter.
Ah, you're right. I was being stupid.
Who told you to enjoy DmC? Join the hate train, dammit.
The sad thing is, the game HAS things to enjoy about it. It's just a fucking godawful DMC game.

Crazy
Phantom Baby

#9 Post by Crazy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 pm

No, pretty much everything I've heard leads me to believe the game is absolute trash that had the potential to be pretty good if it weren't held back by inept developers.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#10 Post by v4lor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:00 am

Crazy wrote:No, pretty much everything I've heard leads me to believe the game is absolute trash that had the potential to be pretty good if it weren't held back by inept developers.
Oh, I'm not trying to defend it. It's entirely a waste of money. There are better things to play out there, but there are also much, much worse.

This game is the equivalent of having someone stomp on your nuts repeatedly, and the enjoyment you get is the brief moments when they remove their foot between stomps.

UbberDevil
Cool

#11 Post by UbberDevil » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 am

So now I'm just casually playing this game for fun but I'm starting to get really pissed at how often I fall off a stage. It's ridiculous; I'm doing great with my combos and maintaining a SSS and avoiding enemy attacks and then I slip off the fucking stage. Also every time this happens it seems there are no enemies around to teleport to. Oh and I love when I'm teleporting all around flying enemies and kicking their asses when suddenly a wisp comes out of nowhere and slaps me into oblivion. Jesus Christ, my kingdom for a Vergil Bloody Palace.