Trial Editions videos/information

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

Trial Editions videos/information

#1 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 pm

I've recently discovered ISOs/discs for the Japanese and PAL Trial Editions of DMC1 I've started comparing them to the full game. Here's a few videos about it, I'm also editing a full comparison video that will take a while to make.
@Jamo: If you're still around, hit me up. I could use your guidance for something!

EDIT: Long play

Last edited by AlexxShadenk777 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. I don't know what I want for lunch today.

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

Re: Trial Editions videos/information

#2 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 am

Allright, you have piqued my morbid curiosity. I won't promise any results, or indeed that I will commit myself to do something terribly complicated. But I'll at least hear you out. What is it?

(Ah, different camera angles on the Jap trial, exciting.)
ALL bankers should be shot. Every last, motherfucking one of them.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#3 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Yes man! I still have the pictures you took of the unused items in the full version, i.e. the silver mask, the crystal skull, the silver Death Sentence, etc. Where would one even begin to try to hack into the game's files with PCSX2? If I recall, you used a HEX editor and some proprietary stuff to edit the save files on a memory card, right?
I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. I don't know what I want for lunch today.

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

#4 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

If it's the image data that you're after, we did a topic about that some years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10806

In that thread I linked Vicious to this tool:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/660/

It's capable of unpacking/viewing many types of PS2 file formats. If you want the images, this can probably get them in much better quality than what you'd get by pulling them from the game's RAM/video memory trough some sort of hex trickery/screenshotting. Simply mount your ISOs with Daemon Tools, or what have you, and get to exploring.

If you want to extract the character textures, or something else like that, I don't really know how to get those. It's not like I've ever needed them.

If you're thinking about hex editing the game's binary data, you're better off just patching the emulator's RAM directly with Cheat Engine, since the actual game saves have a checksum on them that needs to be fixed every time you patch something (a hassle, really), or else the file won't load (complains about corruption). At the very least you can pretty easily modify Dante's inventory this way, though I no longer remember what the relevant hex code looks like, since it's been 11 years since I last did anything with this stuff. But, in Cheat Engine, simply open the emulator's process memory, change something in the game and have Cheat Engine search for differences. It's very easy to find known values this way, and once you have the inventory items' locations in the memory figured out, simply start reading the memory area in Cheat Engine's hex viewer, and try changing some of the values stored in the memory to see if anything in the game changed. When modifying inventory, there are often consistent hex patterns that are easy to spot if you pay attention. Try messing with those to see what happens. And prepare to see the game crash, often.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#5 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Oh, I remember that thread (ggs g2g is me). I have used Game Graphic Studio and I did find a few textures/text graphics on those exact same files but they were the inventory thumbnails, not full resolution. I took your advice and just scanned the ITM files, found a bunch more stuff, thanks! There's so many files types it's easy to get lost in this shit.

I'll have to set a lot of free time aside to use Cheat Engine though... I have used it a little bit before with other games and it's really time consuming.

Anyway I'll post anything interest here later on.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#6 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Stuff. Take a look. This is all in the PAL trial edition.

I also found literally every single mission screen and every single enemy file picture (even though enemy files aren't accessible in the demo).
Click for set: http://imgur.com/a/IULQM

Special things to note:
"Stylish Combo." Seems like it was originally planned to have a combo count at the end of a mission? Or bonus points for red orbs? There's plus and a multiply symbols there too. For some reason, the numbers 0-4 are repeated.

"Total EXP." This is just conjecture but maybe you would upgrade via killing enemies. Since in the demo you already use red orbs to buy them, the concept had already been dropped... but the texture remained.

This is an odd texture but if you watch the above longplay video (PAL trial), this is used in the Power Up screen on things that you can't buy.

Next up, some stuff from the full version of the game.
Click for set: http://imgur.com/a/QKwCa

Special things to note:
"Griffon baby?"

Sign of "Humbleness," Sign of "Perseverence," "Knight's Portrait." These items don't exist anywhere else, I think. Maybe they were the names for the unused silver mask and pink/green taxidermic brains?

Vergil.

Finally, arguably the most interesting, the Japanese Trial Edition stuff.
Click for set: http://imgur.com/a/rI7oK

Orange Alastor, or "Terra" as it's named in the trial. Perhaps at one point the sword itself would use different elements, as regular Alastor is still named "Force Edge" and with lightning power it's named "Air."

BFG-looking thing. More than likely just an early Needlegun.

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

#7 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:20 am

AlexxShadenk777 wrote:Sign of "Humbleness," Sign of "Perseverence," "Knight's Portrait." These items don't exist anywhere else, I think. Maybe they were the names for the unused silver mask and pink/green taxidermic brains?
As I recall it, this would be correct. If you hex edit the brain items into Dante's inventory, they will be listed under these names. One of these days I should probably revisit this stuff with the PS3 HD port, since copying the game saves is easier there, owing to the PS3's built-in USB support.

That copper Alastor is by far the most interesting discovery. An entire selection of element-based attacks rolled into one, this sounds like a very exciting concept. One can only speculate in what type of interesting ways this mechanism would've affected gameplay.

The "Needle gun":
The final needle gun has a recognizable ammo belt that feeds ammo into the weapon. But this thing has some sort of reactor/generator attached to it, indicating an energy-based weapon. I propose that Dante at some point was meant to have access to a plasma caster as well. I wish I could read that warning label on the side...

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#8 Post by BassOmegaX » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:49 pm

You might want to read my topic on this again. Also, I could have helped provided the demo as I have a physical copy of it. I remember doing some mechanics of the Japanese Demo, but I've been out of this for a long time. I probably can explain some of the DT mechanics if I can remember the values of everything.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12123

Terra form is seen in the gameplay demos in the beginning of the game, where you just let the title screen play out. Terra form is just the punches and stuff. I'm guessing that instead of different weapons(Alastor and Ifrit), you just get different forms instead.

On another note, I believe that adding missions is one of the latest additions in the game. I remember reading that somewhere, and the reason why it makes sense to me is just the placement of the Golden Statues(I don't remember their official name). It just seems odd that these statues are very often placed at the beginning of the mission, even though you have access to what it does in the mission start screen.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#9 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 am

Huh. I never put 2 and 2 together but the statues of the Goddess of Time could've very well have been DMC's version of the typewriter in RE. Now that you mentioned it, paired with how many doors they removed from the castle in the final build of the game it's not that surprising, the castle I'm sure was originally planned to be like RE1's mansion by being the main location of the game but also connect with other parts of Mallet Island.

Anyway, I've completely forgotten any related threads on this forum about this very subject, even if I posted in them (and I did for sure >_>; ). Thanks for the link.

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#10 Post by BassOmegaX » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 am

Judging from the early information, there are plenty of ideas that they had for DMC1, but deadlines and such means they need to finish the game. There might have been great ideas in that, but I'm pretty sure a lot are also just as bad. The Japanese demo being so much closer to Resident Evil is a trace of that, and having things like going into the menu to use items is so clunky, especially if there is less of the puzzle aspect of it.

Also, remember that the full DMC1 game was out when CVX was released outside of Japan, and with that was the DMC1 demo. The demo outside of Japan was pretty much based on the released game, because why released an outdated demo based on an outdated build, when you have the actual game to make a demo out of.

Patriotsbj
Absolute

Установка плёнки на стеклянные двери Минск

#11 Post by Patriotsbj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 am

Добрый день друзья!
Предлагаем Вашему вниманию высококачественные профессиональные плёнки.
Наша организация"ООО Защитные плёнки" работает 15 лет на рынке этой продукции в Беларуси.
Мы можем предложить Вам Защитные плёнки ,архитектурные плёнки,декоративные плёнки,автомобильные плёнки и противопожарные плёнки.
Более подробная информация размещена на нашем сайте
С уважением,коллектив "ООО Защитные плёнки".

нанесение противопожарной пленки E-30 на стеклопроемы окон и дверей
пленка для бронирования стекла
декоративные пленки для стекол
пленка защитная на окна
бронепленка на окна
тонировка лоджии
пленка для защиты стекла
где купить пленку
защитная плёнка а3
купить защитную пленку для окон
тонирование лобового стекла атермальной пленкой
пленка самоклеющаяся для окон
оклейка зеркал пленкой
Плёнки для авто
купить армирующую пленку
витражная пленка самоклеющаяся купить
ударопрочная пленка на окна
пленка на стекло купить
пленка на стекло матовая
пленка противоударная
бронированные стекла для автомобиля цена
декоративная пленка для стекол
витражная пленка для стекла купить
защитная пленка для зеркал
бронирование пленкой стекол
пленка для оклейки мебели
архитектурная тонировка
противоударная пленка
противоударная пленка отзывы
Матовые плёнки минск
оконная пленка
декоративная витражная пленка
зеркальная пленка самоклеющаяся
матовая пленка на автомобиль
пленка стекло
термальная тонировка
защитная пленка для окон
защитная пленка универсальная матовая
пленка матовая для стекла
инфракрасная пленка оптом
противоударные пленки
куплю пленку
автомобильная тонировочная пленка
купить матовую пленку
самоклеющаяся пленка для стекла
пленки для окон
защитные пленки для авто
бронирование автомобилей пленкой
бронирующая пленка
зеркальная пленка на авто

Patriotsbj
Absolute

Тонированные защитные пленки Минск

#12 Post by Patriotsbj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:09 am

Здравствуйте товарищи!
Предлагаем Вашему вниманию высококачественные профессиональные плёнки.
Наша организация"ООО Защитные плёнки" работает 15 лет на рынке этой продукции в Беларуси.
Мы можем предложить Вам Защитные плёнки ,архитектурные плёнки,декоративные плёнки,автомобильные плёнки и противопожарные плёнки.
Более подробная информация размещена на нашем сайте
С уважением,коллектив "ООО Защитные плёнки".

защитная пленка для автомобиля купить
зеркальная пленка на окна купить
бронировка стекла
витражная самоклеющаяся пленка купить
бронированная пленка цена
пленка защитная для зеркал черная купить в минске
защитная пленка на авто
защитная пленка на стекло автомобиля
где купить самоклеющуюся пленку
защитные
Тонировка балконов
пленка витражная цена