DMC log-

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#551 Post by Tecarmel » Fri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the support, everyone!

I got my M21 SB, although it was a little more trouble than I thought it would be. I can fight Nobodies quickly with no net DT loss now, and Rolling Blaze is win against the cave tentacles, but the problem was orbs. Defeating the Plasmas in the lava chamber is necessary to meet the orb total, but they would often drop their orbs in the lava after I had just done the entire rest of the mission flawlessly. Also, Plasmas are a pain to defeat without DT, and I need to conserve it for M22.

So instead I decided to backtrack to the Frosts at the beginning of the mission to get my orbs and then skip fighting the Plasmas, but this presented its own series of challenges. The time limit is tighter, and I had to avoid the unchallenged Plasmas' attacks while climbing the moving platforms to the top of the lava chamber without Air Hike. I managed it in the end though.

And now...Mundus.

I usually do alright against Mundus 2, although I would never say he's easy and it's been awhile since I've fought him. Avoiding Mundus 1's attacks is sometimes tricky for me, but on Normal Mode I think I can manage with practice. Here I go!

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#552 Post by Master Ry » Mon May 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Hooray for the M21 SB! For some reason, I hate SB'ing that mission. Which's ironic, seeing how the previous missions were worse. *shrugs*

Mundus 1 on Normal is way more handlable. Can you successfully hit the Dragon DT double/critical hit? That'll make things much faster. Fear not wasting your DT on him, because you get a free refill before the ground fight. =D

Mundus 2 goes down with practice. On Normal, luck is not needed as badly as in DMD, so go all out on him!

"Dracula played baseball?" - me

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#553 Post by Tecarmel » Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 pm

@Ryan- Yes, I can do the double hit when he puts his hand on his shoulder, but not as reliably at the other opportunities. Since this is Normal, if I get the double hit and Vortex at his Vortex, I can sometimes beat Mundus 1 in just one pass.

For Mundus 2, I think I will follow your advice and fight him up close instead of cautiously Meteor/Round Tripping him from a distance.

Even though I haven't gotten my M22 SB yet, I've been running through M23 afterwards, since I need to practice the plane ride. I've read the section in Joch's FAQ but I'm still having trouble, and plane tips that have worked for anyone else would be appreciated.

Also (this might be a stupid question), the M23 start screen does not appear until after you leave the Underworld, but everything before that (orbs, damage, time) still counts for M23 in this case, right?

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#554 Post by Master Ry » Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I only truly got a genuine M23 SB once: I could never get past the damned plane escape without hits. =/

In Normal, it might be worth fighting Mundus up close: the DTed Sparda deals great damage. I like to do a 4-hits > High Time combo, sometimes I even do a Rising High Time and mix in a quick Helm Breaker. Do watch out for those damned spinning spheres and whatnots: it requires some practice to get down the "feeling" of Mundus's AI, so you know when it's adequate to climb the rocks and slash him.

Alternatively, you can hug the right corner of the middle rocks and use DTed Stingers from there: they'll reach him just enough to damage him. This way it's easier to get back to safe ground if needed be.

As for the M23, it has two "Mission Start" screens, actually. You do get presented with one when you start at Mundus's room, then it shows up again after leaving the Undwerworld: if I recall correctly, the second "Mission Start" screen has the image of the biplane room, as some sort of hint on where to go when you get back (after all, it's never mentioned "why, I should go back to that biplane room!"). Or was it the main hall? In order to make it back there we must go through the biplane room, and thus trigger the final battle...

Anyway, yeah, time, orbs and damage, ever since you start in Mundus's room, they are counting for your M23 rank. :)

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#555 Post by Tecarmel » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm

I am kind of frustrated that I haven't gotten my M22 SB by now. I keep <i>almost</i> getting it. I have changed tactics somewhat; if I can beat Mundus 1 quickly, I have enough time to be cautious with Mundus 2.

I always wondered, if Trish is dead during the liiight scene (which I like), how does she come back to life? I mean, demons can die, can't they? Or maybe she wasn't dead? But you'd think Dante would notice if she was just unconscious before grieving and leaving Sparda and his mother's amulet with her. I know he's upset but I always thought those things were kind of valuable to leave behind in the Underworld. In Mundus's lair no less. Also, Trish should have been a boss fight.

Anyway, some good news: Every time I try and fail at M22, I run through M23 and the plane ride is a bit easier with practice. It's still tricky because you can't really see when you have to swerve and must do it by timing. Joch's FAQ helped. I have managed the plane ride four times without damage so far.

I really hope I can finish this game soon because I am getting impatient and wanting to move on to other things.

Edit: I just SB'd M23 with the plane ride. :) So now I just have M22 left. Unless you guys think I shouldn't count the M23 SB unless I do it again on the same save file after SBing M22?

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#556 Post by Master Ry » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Well, I personally never try the following mission while trying to SB the previous one... So I don't know. >_>"

*thinks*

The game doesn't keep track of the SBs, unfortunately. And DMC1 is the only one who forces us to play a mission after the other: you could simply get the SS on M20 in DMC3 after failing the SS on M19, and it'd be recorded. So I think it's fair enough you get the M22 SB and call it done! :)

Mundus is one fuckin' of a bitch, indeed. One does need some luck in that fight. So, good luck, Carmel!

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#557 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 am

YES! I DID IT! I just got my M22 SB. \o/ And since I got M23 earlier, that's all of them! I have successfully completed my first SB game. I'm not ashamed to admit I did a little dance. :p

It took longer than I thought it would, but I am very proud of myself for finishing. Thank you Ryan, BerN, v4lor, Joch (wherever you are) and everyone else who posted with tips. You guys rock.

I'm so happy!

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#558 Post by v4lor » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 am

IT WASN'T IN A ROW IT DOESN'T COUNT WARRRRRGARRRBLLLL!!11one

Nah, good job! Now Scratch Normal SB FE Run!

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#559 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:22 am

Actually, I ran through M23 again just now and got another SB so it wouldn't bother me. So now it's all on the same game. I'm pretty good with the plane ride now. The trick is not to overcorrect after swerving.

Also, I am the King of Hell.

v4lor wrote:Now Scratch Normal SB FE Run!
>_<''

sincerazero*
Phantom Baby

#560 Post by sincerazero* » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 am

That was a looooonngggggg journey. @_@ Congrats Tecarmel!!

BerN
Phantom Baby

#561 Post by BerN » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Congratulations, Tecarmel! And dance how much you want; you deserve it. Are you thinking of going on with DMC1, though? Or is this the end?

Also, I am the King of Hell.

I chuckled. :p

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#562 Post by Tecarmel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks, guys!

BerN wrote:Are you thinking of going on with DMC1, though? Or is this the end?

What? No! It will not end until I am sick of this game or have no room left to improve. Neither of those things look like they're happening soon.

The next thing I am going to do is a Hard Mode S-Rank run with Alastor. Although I'm not anxious to limit myself again with the Devil's Arms, I need practice with Alastor. I had already relied heavily on Ifrit even before my last run since it's my favorite (that's why I did it). I'm going to try to get SBs on as many missions as possible, but I don't want the pressure of another SB run just yet, so it's an S-rank game officially.

I want to learn to do the Phantom CH strategy properly. I can sort of do it and have CH'd Shadow Phantom to death on the higher difficulties for expedience's sake, but I want to work on doing it quickly and efficiently in M3. Also, I don't think I have ever fought Nightmare with Alastor since my very first Normal Mode game (final core excepted). Finally, I want to fight some Frosts, Plasmas etc. with Alastor to work on my swordplay.

Anyway, I'm probably not going to keep a detailed log of it, but I'll post if I have some questions for you guys. Also, I'm taking a break for a little while to play some other games. But I made a new sig in honor of the new run: Dante with Alastor. :)

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#563 Post by v4lor » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:55 am

I want to learn to do the Phantom CH strategy properly.

So.Fun. And feels very rewarding.

Atra Viator
Phantom Baby

#564 Post by Atra Viator » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 am

Super special awesome congratulations!
"Maybe if you stop being an emo, it grows? Your beard is probably too emotional to come out" - Devil Dante

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#565 Post by Tecarmel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 am

So I'm finally getting around to playing DMC3:SE. Been looking forward to it. I'm familiar with the mechanics that were reused in DMC4 (styles, moves, cancelling etc.) and spent a lot of time playing that game, although I was never a pro. However, this is my first time playing DMC3 so I am technically a newb. Story and characters have been largely spoiled for me, but are you guys interested in reading some first impressions in my general DMC log?

Detha
Cool

#566 Post by Detha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I am, but I'm all into opinions and statistics and such. I went from DMC to DMC3 just the other day, after not playing in a couple years. It was weird. But I'm not -that- good at either. So yes, it'd be cool to read your impressions.

sincerazero*
Phantom Baby

#567 Post by sincerazero* » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Tecarmel wrote:So I'm finally getting around to playing DMC3:SE. Been looking forward to it. I'm familiar with the mechanics that were reused in DMC4 (styles, moves, cancelling etc.) and spent a lot of time playing that game, although I was never a pro. However, this is my first time playing DMC3 so I am technically a newb. Story and characters have been largely spoiled for me, but are you guys interested in reading some first impressions in my general DMC log?

Sure. Hearing about something and experiencing it are two different things. DMC4's combat system is a simplified version of DMC3's system, probably to appeal to more gamers. DMC3's DT, buffering, guns, styles (ignoring otf) and canceling work a bit differently.

Patriotsbj
Absolute

Установка плёнки на стеклопакеты Минск

#568 Post by Patriotsbj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:26 am

Доброго времени суток друзья!
Предлагаем Вашему вниманию высококачественные профессиональные плёнки.
Наша организация"ООО Защитные плёнки" работает 15 лет на рынке этой продукции в Беларуси.
Мы можем предложить Вам Защитные плёнки ,архитектурные плёнки,декоративные плёнки,автомобильные плёнки и противопожарные плёнки.
Более подробная информация размещена на нашем сайте
С уважением,коллектив "ООО Защитные плёнки".

куплю пленку
тонировка окон зеркальной пленкой
купить декаративную пленку на стекло в минске
пленка на окна
автомобильные пленки
противопожарные пленки
прозрачная защитная пленка
купить тонировочную пленку
пленка самоклеющаяся для окон
пленка для стекол
пленка тонировочная для окон купить
защитная пленка на авто