Devil May Cry TAS by カピバラさん

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

Devil May Cry TAS by カピバラさん

#1 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 am

Missions 1-9

Haven't watched the whole thing but it's already been entertaining enough so far. I love how he just walked past the first Shadow. Didn't go for the SB in mission 3 though.
I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. I don't know what I want for lunch today.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

Re: Devil May Cry TAS by カピバラさん

#2 Post by Super Dante » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Is there a reason why they don't skip the cutscenes?
Last edited by Super Dante on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#3 Post by BassOmegaX » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:08 pm

The PS2 emulator that allows TASing is absolutely horrible, so if you TAS PS2 games, you don't skip cutscenes, otherwise you end up desyncing. I haven't watched all of it, but the Phantom 1 fight is actually suboptimal, but only by like a second or two.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#4 Post by Super Dante » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 pm

Does that also explain why they didn't bother with killing the Death Scissors in two triple jumps to avoid the corkscrewing and save time?

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#5 Post by BassOmegaX » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm

I was reading his description on Niconico, and he's not aiming for pure time, but for Special Bonuses. It's also why he didn't skip the first taunting cutscene for Nelo 1, though he had the position to, as in he just doesn't care.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#6 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:31 am

BassOmegaX wrote:The PS2 emulator that allows TASing is absolutely horrible, so if you TAS PS2 games, you don't skip cutscenes, otherwise you end up desyncing.
lol is that the actual reason? Shit, well. now I have to try doing some TA shit in DMC3 again at some point. But not being allowed to skip cutscenes sounds awful. Still, I got some awesome ideas I'd love to do but I'm not sure if my PC can handle it. By any chance do you know exactly which emulator is used? I can run DMC3 just fine in a recent PCSX2 build but I don't think it has rerecording features.
I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. I don't know what I want for lunch today.

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#7 Post by BassOmegaX » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:45 am

I think the Japanese use Prometheus. There's a version of PCSX2 0.9.7 with rerecording on google code.

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2-rr/

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#8 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:31 am

PCSX2 0.9.7 rerecording, last uploaded June 2009. That's gotta be grossly outdated... iirc version 0.9.7 made the graphics really glitchy and had terrible performance.

I can't seem to find this prometheus emulator, I get too many unrelated results. I imagine it's completely in Japanese anyway, right?

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#10 Post by BassOmegaX » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:05 am

mission1の追記 2608回
初代Devil May CryでTASを作ってみました。
TASとはいえ、Tool-Assisted-Special-Bonus-Play という解釈で進めていきます。

ルール
1.難易度は最高難易度で、New Gameスタート
2.ムービーのカットを基本しない
3.ボスのスルーを禁止
4.必要最低限以外での裏技禁止(SBボーナス持ち越しのこと)
この条件でSpecial Bonusを取得していきます。
Mission 1 Rerecord count 2608
The first Devil May Cry TAS being made
TAS here means Tool-Assisted-Special-Bonus-Play

Rules
1. Start a New Game on the hardest difficulty
2. No skipping cutscenes
3. No skipping bosses
4. No tricks besides the minimum necessary(the spillover of SB Bonus)
Under these conditions, going for Special Bonus.
I think number 4 refers to the SM glitch where he saves and resets to keep SM ranking points, and he only uses them to get SB if he couldn't otherwise.

AlexxShadenk777
Absolute

#11 Post by AlexxShadenk777 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Missions 10-20

BassOmegaX
Sweet!

#12 Post by BassOmegaX » Thu May 07, 2015 10:38 pm

I know that you have to make an account just to even watch videos on NicoNico, but I recommend it. He actually puts some additional stuff at the end of each of his segments, explaining stuff, sometimes put in an additional boss fight video. That stuff is cut out in this Youtube reupload.

The other thing is that unfortunately, I have no way of contacting this person, since you can't message users on NicoNico for whatever reason. I kind of wish I could, because I honestly think the reason why he doesn't do some things is that he doesn't know about them.