DMC log-

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#351 Post by Tecarmel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:32 am

DMC2 Lucia's disc
Normal Mode, missions 5 & 6

Cranky bomb- These don't seem that practical. Maybe they are different once you level them up? They don't hit a damn thing when I throw them- what, does lock-on suddenly not work? And when I set them on the ground, they rarely damage an enemy either. I have had a little success throwing them at Terreofinis at very close range, but when I'm that close, swords are superior. At least the Cranky Bombs don't damage Lucia. This elevates them from potential liability to pointless novelty.

Evil Heart- *sigh* Haven't I done this before?
Flame Heart- I do like the massive flames that accompany Lucia's DT'd attacks when using this. Cool. But how come the Frost Heart and Electro Heart don't have a similar effect? And why don't my elemental Hearts affect projectiles?

I had my first encounter with Arius. I'm a bit confused about the plot, but maybe I'm supposed to be at this point.
Also, I'm not a voice-acting snob, but c'mon, either get someone with a <i>real</i> accent to do it, or skip the accent altogether.

Noctpteran/Larvae- Finally, a boss fight that isn't as pathetically easy as the others. If Lucia had a halfway decent set of aerial moves, this fight could've been a beautiful thing. As it was, I used the Darts a lot, and hopped around to avoid the larvae, occasionally unleashing a melee combo or two until I built up DT. Noctpteran was usually too high up for me to fly to with the Aerial Heart, unless she was "giving birth", so I used my DT'd homing projectiles most of the time. Not what I'd call an epic battle or anything, and fighting the larvae was a lot like giant worm battles in a dozen other games, but I still felt satisfaction afterwards.

The underwater controls are frustratingly imprecise. It's also a little disorienting- I had to swim around for a while, trying to find the tunnel entrance. However, I am happy to see that Lucia can DT underwater. I'm also glad I have the choice to use my swords underwater. Even if they're practically useless, I don't like a game telling me what I can't do.

Am I going to spend enough time underwater to make upgrading the Bow Gun worthwhile? And should I bother upgrading the Cranky Bombs?
Last edited by Tecarmel on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#352 Post by Super Dante » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:36 am

You are underwater for 2 missions, so it doesn't matter except for later modes where you just want everything over as fast as possible.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#353 Post by Velari » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:00 pm

<i>I had my first encounter with Arius. I'm a bit confused about the plot, but maybe I'm supposed to be at this point.</i>

I'll admit that I don't remember much about the plot - or DMC 2 in it's entirety for that matter - anymore, but I assume they expected people to play disc one first :P

Also, you're going to fight one of the worst bosses in the game shortly >_>
Also, Level 69 Sapphic Dildo Warrior.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#354 Post by Tecarmel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:21 pm

DMC2 Lucia's disc
Normal Mode, Mission 7

Talk about annoying:
1. Attempt to kill Sargassos with pathetic underwater attacking capability. Float right into their jaws once or twice due to crappy underwater controls.
2. Start striking switches. Go past/above/below where you are trying to get half the time.
3. First switches deactivate before you get to all of them.
4. While you are trying again, Sargassos reappear.
5. Go to step 1.

I did end up maxing out the Bow Gun, since it wasn't that expensive. I wanted to spend the least amount of time possible fighting enemies underwater. The Cranky Bombs were also a bit more useful than they were on land.

Tateobesu-
I'm not even going to say anything about this battle. You have all shared in the pain at one point or another. Let us leave it in the past and never speak of it again.

Psychochild
Sexy Slammin' Smokin' Salmon

#355 Post by Psychochild » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Cranky Bombs are useful in cramped quarters but, well, you've played DMC2 long enough to realize these are pretty fucking few and far between at this point.

The only place where they've been incredibly useful was in the Elevator ride up the Skyscraper building where you could just spam it from a corner and nothing could touch you.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#356 Post by Master Ry » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 am

Tecarmel, you'll be doing yourself a favor to not play this on DMD, then. :p

"Dracula played baseball?" - me

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#357 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 pm

DMC2 Lucia's disc
Normal Mode

Mission 8

Underwater Blades- Finally, a practical use for my swords underwater. But these creatures are pathetic. I know Blades are handicapped in the water, but in DMC1 underwater, they would often gang up on me, and even if they were limited to claw-shooting attacks, their aim was frighteningly accurate. Here in DMC2, their claws shoot faster, leaving you less time to dodge, but they can't manage to hit anything. I do better not evading at all than trying to dodge when they attack.

Quick Heart- Increased running speed, meh. But I am pleased with Lucia's increased attacking speed. For the first time, it feels like Lucia is a badass, especially with the Flame Heart equipped as well. She's just a whirling mass of flaming blades; you don't want to get in her way now. I have been mostly neglecting my Purple Orb purchases, because so far, haven't been that impressed with Lucia's Devil-Trigger capabilities. I think I'll rectify that now. I did some orb-farming in this mission, so I can afford it.

Plutonian was an acceptable boss fight. The lasers and Terreofinis added some complexity to the battle. I enjoyed it.

Mission 9

I think Arius makes a good villain! He looks sufficiently arrogant. Nice evil mustache, too. And the way he dresses! XD White suit, puffy pants, gold chains, fur collar, velvet coat slung over his shoulders like a cape. He looks like a demonic pimp.

I liked the cutscenes in this mission. I burst out laughing when Lucia cried, "Kill me!!" to Arius. How melodramatic. And LOL @ Dante: "That's just a piece of crap." Then, that scene where Dante jumps out of the exploding building carrying Lucia, falls 30 stories, and then Devil-Triggers to fly away was pretty cool.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#358 Post by Velari » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 am

If I recall correctly, the next boss is actually awesome.

... The one after that, not so much >_>

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#359 Post by Tecarmel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 pm

DMC2 Lucia's disc
Normal Mode, Mission 10

Phantom!! It's Phantom! :D
Phantom, buddy, how ya been? And what's a fine, upstanding video game boss like you doing in a crappy game like this? What? You could ask Dante the same thing? Touché, Phantom!

When Velari told me the next boss would be awesome, I was happy and started looking forward to it, while telling myself not to get my hopes up. But this is way better than I expected. I was very pleased to see Phantom.

True, he's a shadow of his former self (even more so than Shadow Phantom), but I'm going to mark that down to all the times Dante's killed him, and let Phantom slide on the easy difficulty. Fighting him here may be nothing like the glory that is DMC1 boss fights, but he's still hands down the best DMC2 boss yet. Most fun I've had in this game to date.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#360 Post by Velari » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 am

Well, sadly, don't get used to it. Off the top of my head I only recall three bosses that I actually liked - Phantom, Dante's final boss, and another, but I don't remember which mission it appears in.
Then there's couple with decent potential but they managed to screw up.
And there's a slew of uninspired bosses.
And a bunch of bosses who are just pretty terrible. The fish was one, obviously, also I *think* the next boss you'll fight, Dante's second-to-last boss, and probably a few more that my memory is suppressing >_>

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#361 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 am

DMC2 Lucia's disc
Normal Mode, Missions 10 & 11

The battles with regular enemies are coming fast and furious now. I like it. The combat may be flawed, but this game is boring without it. What the enemies lack in difficulty and complexity, they are now making up with sheer numbers. I can work in just about every move Lucia has. Some of these brawls are more fun than half the boss fights. However, the fun soon ended...

Mission 12

I swear, if I get hit one more time by those motherfucking red balls that transport you to the alternate dimension, I am quitting this game and never playing it again. Hm, maybe I can DT and fly over some of them. Would that be cheap? Wait, what do I care? This game is cheap.
*DT's and uses Aerial Heart*
*Gets hit again anyway*
AAUUGGHH! That's it! I quit! I am never, ever playing DMC2 again.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#362 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 am

*20 minutes and one cigarette later*
*Playing again*

STN
Phantom Baby

#363 Post by STN » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:43 pm

I can't play any DMC without a pack of cigs handy :P

If I remember right the hit detection on those orbs was very dodgy, made it even worse.
*Pretty graphic goes here*
http://www.last.fm/user/jimthemerciles

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#364 Post by Master Ry » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 pm

STN wrote:If I remember right the hit detection on those orbs was very dodgy, made it even worse.
This.

Super Dante

#365 Post by Super Dante » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 am

Red orbs? You mean the ones in Trismagia's mission? Jump over them. It's hard though since the camera is shit at this part IIRC.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#366 Post by Tecarmel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 am

Stupid red balls. Stupid mission 12.

Trismagia-
One of the worst bosses (although Tateobesu is still in a class all his own). All I could do was dodge and wait for the heads to merge, and even after that, all I could do was shoot the merged head with projectiles for a brief period of time. I could lock on to the other heads while they were separated, but my attacks didn't do anything. And no melee attacks seemed possible. Unless I am missing something about this fight?

It's a shame, because with a few changes this could have been a great boss battle. Trismagia's attacks were kind of interesting, if there had been other things going on besides evading, waiting, and shooting. Yeah, three heads whirling around on the ground, having to evade their various attacks, while simultaneously trying to attack (with swords), that could've been fun.

So, M13 next. This will wrap things up for Lucia, no?

Super Dante

#367 Post by Super Dante » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 am

Indeed.

Her final boss is shit compared to Dante's though. It's like a giant spider or something walking at the top of a canyon that all you can do is throw knives at IIRC.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#368 Post by Tecarmel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:40 am

Super Dante wrote:Her final boss is shit compared to Dante's though. It's like a giant spider or something walking at the top of a canyon that all you can do is throw knives at IIRC.
Giant spider? Too bad there can only be one Best Giant Spider Boss Ever in the Devil May Cry series. :p

And I'm sick of these bosses you can only damage with projectiles. Don't they know this is BORING? Man, I don't even want to go on to Mission 13 now. But I want to get to Dante's disc, so I guess... *sigh*
I'm looking forward to Dante's disc. I want to control him again. It's gotta be better than Lucia's disc, doesn't it? Or will I get my hopes dashed. I need to stop expecting anything good from this game and just take the crap it hands me.

Super Dante

#369 Post by Super Dante » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 am

Well, more like scorpion-spider-walking stick, I don't know what it is really. >_>

DomiN
Legendary Dark Knight

#370 Post by DomiN » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 am

all you can do is throw knives at IIRC.
You can equip Aerial Heart and attack him with swords while flying.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#371 Post by Master Ry » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Well, although you'd get damaged quite some, I guess. Stupid bosses deisgned to be projectile-only, when the projectiles suck (this is not the case for Griffon because the DMC1 weaponry is GOOD).

For Trismagia, at each round, one of the heads is vulnerable. IIRC, by holding R1 and then pressing L3, the locked target will change, and thus you can try and find out which's the vulnerable head. However Lucia's projectiles need some travel time and this can be annoying while they dance around in the background.

DomiN
Legendary Dark Knight

#372 Post by DomiN » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Well, although you'd get damaged quite some, I guess.
I managed to take a lot of his hp while doing this on LMD and I didn't have to heal so the damage are not that big. Add Offensive Heart and Flame Heart and you will kill him much faster than projectile spamming.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#373 Post by Tecarmel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 pm

@ Ryan- That is a good tip about Trismagia's heads. I guess I never got the right one, so I had given up trying to damage them when they were separated, and would not have discovered this without you. Ryan, you always help me. <3

DMC2 Lucia's Disc
Normal Mode, Mission 13

Now Lucia's begging Dante to kill her. Suicidal much, Lucia? Aw, "Devils never cry." That line work for you a lot, Dante?

Possessed Arius-
Good God, he might as well take out a billboard to tell me he's about to attack. Anyone who cannot evade these attacks and beat him needs to rethink whether they are suited for video games at all.

Arius-Argosax-
Projectile vomit attack, classy. Makes me long for the elegance of Nelo 3's Phantom Swords, even though I hated them. I used the daggers until he inched closer to me through the canyon, then ran under him or flew over him to get to the other end of the canyon. Repeat. It was kind of anticlimactic for a final boss.

I already knew from spoilers about Dante's coin being the same on both sides, and him getting trapped in hell, so there were no surprises for me plot-wise at the end. I like to think he'll cause so much trouble over there in hell, the devils and demons will gather all their power to throw him back out. :p

I unlocked "Fashion Lucia". Fucking Diesel. As if my opinion of this game couldn't get any lower, they have product placement? What's next, Dante orders Domino's Pizza? "Dante wears Seiko watches, so he always knows when it's time to kick some ass!"
The costume actually looks pretty good on Lucia. Oh, and look, Dante's wearing his Diesel costume in the cutscenes of Lucia's disc now, even though I haven't unlocked it yet.

I was still feeling...unsatisfied, so I replayed M13 from the mission select screen. This time, with Arius-Argosax, I jumped up in his face with the aerial melee beatdown. (Thx for the tip, DomiN.) Riskier, but still no real danger of dying here on Normal mode. And hey! I can even drop on top of him when my DT runs out, and attack from on his back. But it's kind of like jumping on top of Griffon- you can't stay up there for long, and it's not really an efficient way of beating him. Good for kicks, though.

Alright, Dante's disc next. I'm looking forward to it, just by virtue of it being Dante.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#374 Post by Velari » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Best reason to look forward to it is there not being any fucking fish boss >_>

Super Dante

#375 Post by Super Dante » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Hong Meido wrote:Best reason to look forward to it is there not being any fucking fish boss >_>
Instead, you have a giant turd pile of every boss Dante has faced and it even includes Griffon(who has been made way more annoying with the inability to roll through the lightning because the I frames are like 1/2 a frame for everything)

Velari
Phantom Baby

#376 Post by Velari » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 pm

I didn't want to tell her about that boss, but yes, that boss is in my top worst bosses in the game >_>

STN
Phantom Baby

#377 Post by STN » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 pm

It's one of the worst bosses in any game. The only thing remotely redeeming about it is what comes after it.

I think we may be putting Tec off :P

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#378 Post by Tecarmel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 am

DMC2 Dante's disc
Normal Mode, Missions 1 & 2

The first thing I did was play around with Dante's moveset.
Well, his regular attacks and combos aren't that bad. It seems a little easier to raise the Stylish Meter with Dante than with Lucia. But was that a Stinger? THAT IS NOT A STINGER. I miss the magic circle under his feet when he does Air Hike. Ah, he can do Rainstorm. That's a win. Impractical in most cases, but very cool. His Twosome time also is better than Lucia's lame attempt.

Dante's Devil Trigger is another thing vastly superior to Lucia's. I'm glad there are more elemental effects with the Electro Heart. I also like the impalement move he does in place of Helm Splitter, and his electrified Sashimi. He looks kind of like Vergil when he's DT'd.
I wanted to see Dante's "Desperate Devil Trigger", so I got his life in the red. Cool, now he looks like Sparda. And are those swords coming right out of his hands? I don't think I've ever seen Dante dual wield swords before. Meteors, yay. Am I invincible in this form?

I think my strategy for doing Lucia's disc first is working. This game can only get better. I am now judging DMC2 Dante compared to Lucia, instead of comparing him to Dante in any other game. The bar is set much lower now, so I kind of like playing as Dante. Wahaha, I have tricked myself into halfway enjoying this game.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#379 Post by Master Ry » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, glad to hear you're managing to enjoy the game. It's quite a feat. xD

And you managed to try Dante's DT so much in just two missions? 0_o

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#380 Post by Tecarmel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Ryan86 wrote:And you managed to try Dante's DT so much in just two missions?
The first thing I do with a game or character I've never played is try out what they can do and test their limits. Once I know all the moves they can do, get a feel for speed, timing, range, etc. I move on with the rest of the game. (Other people don't do this?) I like to know what my character is capable of before I move on to more difficult battles. Even in easier games, it's just my habit to do this now.

On a side note, I dun wanna have to move my log to a new forum, if Joch makes one for logs. D: The DMC board is rather lonely already; I don't want it to die completely. It's also my favorite forum, and I don't want to have to leave it. But someone commented in that thread that he doesn't like seeing logs in "every damn DMC forum", and some people are bothered by it. I didn't realize my log may be bothering people, and I don't want to be doing that. If a lot of people feel that way, then maybe more people will come to the DMC forum if my log is gone. So I figured I'd just stay out of that debate and let everybody else decide what they want. Anyway, if my log is bothering people, I apologize.
Last edited by Tecarmel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joch
Evil Posting Overlord

#381 Post by Joch » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Tecarmel wrote:On a side note, I dun wanna have to move my log to a new forum, if Joch makes one for logs. D: The DMC board is rather lonely already; I don't want it to die completely. It's also my favorite forum, and I don't want to have to leave it. But someone commented in that thread that he doesn't like seeing logs in "every damn DMC forum", and some people are bothered by it. I didn't realize my log may be bothering people, and I don't want to be doing that. If a lot of people feel that way, then maybe more people will come to the DMC forum if my log is gone. So I figured I'd just stay out of that debate and let everybody else decide what they want. Anyway, if my log is bothering people, I apologize.
No, don't worry about it. Your log isn't bothering me in the slightest and I doubt it's bothering anybody else except for the poster of that comment. It's not like if your log was removed, the DMC1 board would see a new influx of activity. It wouldn't. It would remain as it is now, minus your log, and I don't see the benefit of that.

If I did make a new forum, I'd leave the DMC logs alone: the logs on such a forum would be in the form of either a general gaming diary or a log of a specific game other than DMC.

Glad to hear that you're (slightly) enjoying DMC2 at any rate :p
I put the monster into Joch Ness Monster :p
With thanks to Algy >_>

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#382 Post by Tecarmel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Joch wrote:If I did make a new forum, I'd leave the DMC logs alone: the logs on such a forum would be in the form of either a general gaming diary or a log of a specific game other than DMC.
Oh, good. *relieved*
Joch wrote:Glad to hear that you're (slightly) enjoying DMC2 at any rate :p
When I'm not playing DMC2, I think about how much it sucks. But while actually playing it, it's not too bad some of the time, as long as you don't compare it to the other DMCs. I have certainly played worse games (...Splinter Cell for the GBA *shudders*). And Dante's disc is an improvement over Lucia's so far. But in the past, whenever I would start to think this game is not so bad, it throws some horrible boss fight or something at me and makes me regret ever starting it in the first place. So I'll probably end up hating it again soon.

But I think the fact that I have temporarily stopped playing DMC1 has helped, so there's not a daily comparison. I'm on hiatus from DMC1 because, while the triangle jump button doesn't bother me at all (I kind of like it), switching back and forth between that control scheme and other DMCs' on a daily basis does. I had wanted to unlock Trish in DMC2, but I don't think I can stay away from DMC1 and be playing this game long enough to beat both discs on Hard Mode (this is necessary to unlock Trish, I think). Maybe someday.

I'm gonna turn this back into a DMC1 log as soon as I'm finished here. I had begun a FE/E&I run that I put on hold (it was harder than I had anticipated <_<), and I also want to try a scratch DMD run, and maybe a three-rune DT game, or a DMD Ifrit-only game... oh, and I still haven't played with Super Dante, since I unlocked him. My goal is to do an SB DMD run, but first I'd do SB Normal and Hard Mode. Damn, there's just so much replay value to DMC1. :p

Edit: Joch, I read you did a DMD FE/E&I run? How the hell did you beat Nightmare? O_O IS THIS TRUE

Joch
Evil Posting Overlord

#383 Post by Joch » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:30 am

DMC2 sucks. (I actually have a DMC2 log somewhere on the DMC4/2 forum >_>) It's not unplayably bad, but it's mediocre for a normal game, let alone a DMC game. Still: one of these months/years/decades I will achieve my goal of unlocking Trish. >_>

Look forward to reading about your experiences with DMC1 once again :p ... Re your edit, however: God, no, I never completed a DMD FE/E&I game! I started one once a long time ago, but didn't get further than Mission 3. Not because I got hopelessly stuck (although with only the FE, even Phantom is a sore pain...), but because I lost motivation. About a year ago I started up a Normal FE/E&I challenge; there's a log of mine on this board for that, too. I meant to attempt an all-modes FE/E&I challenge, but in the event I only got up to Mission 14 on Normal. (Are you seeing a pattern with me yet? :-/) I did manage to S-rank every mission up to Mission 13 though: speaking of which, goddammit. I'm gonna go back and finish my Normal FE game. <_<

As for DMD Nightmare, Nightmare 1 & 2 should be beatable, but I don't see how DMD Nightmare 3 could ever be beaten with the FE/E&I only.
With thanks to Algy >_>

Gerbil X
hamster destroyer

#384 Post by Gerbil X » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:48 am

Hehe, I'm surprised no one jumped on you for the music comment on the last page. The one thing I generally see people praise DMC2 for is the music.

I personally find it a fun/playable game. Don't have too much of an opinion.

Ah, perhaps you should watch a few of the DMC2 TST videos. Some of them were pretty amazing, stylewise. And, have you yet discovered the shotgun combos? They're rather interesting, and there are a fair amount of them (3, I think.)
"Do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of reality, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that this reality is all they ever had? And, in a similar vein: do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of happiness, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that they squandered every single opportunity they ever had for real and lasting happiness on Earth?"

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#385 Post by Tecarmel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:39 am

Joch wrote:About a year ago I started up a Normal FE/E&I challenge; there's a log of mine on this board for that, too. I meant to attempt an all-modes FE/E&I challenge, but in the event I only got up to Mission 14 on Normal. (Are you seeing a pattern with me yet? :-/) I did manage to S-rank every mission up to Mission 13 though: speaking of which, goddammit. <b>I'm gonna go back and finish my Normal FE game. </b><_<
Yes, do that! You should bump your old topic and finish it. I would be very interested to read it, and it would help me with my game.
Joch wrote:As for DMD Nightmare, Nightmare 1 & 2 should be beatable, but I don't see how DMD Nightmare 3 could ever be beaten with the FE/E&I only.
Well, you are brave to have ever even considered doing this. Facing down Nightmare 3 on DMD with two red cores and nothing but Force Edge and E&I... Even if one had the flawless skills of a robot, they'd have to have the patience of a saint, because that battle would take all night. Ack, the final core! I think I would be the one reduced to a quivering pile of goo.

@ Gerby X- No, I haven't gotten the Shotgun yet. There's Shotgun combos in DMC2? *opinion of game goes up slightly*
But... *thinks about it* No, I still don't like the music.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#386 Post by Velari » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Shotgun combos - basically the one part of the game I really liked (outside of Phantom :P ).

Super Dante

#387 Post by Super Dante » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:12 pm

What's this about Shotgun combos that I keep hearing?

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#388 Post by Master Ry » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:37 pm

The Shotgun combos are Shotgun-special moves (like Twosome Time with the Shotgun and Fireworks, and there's a sideflip-shot as well), executed by pressing the shooting button in the middle of a certain part of some combos, IIRC. They are neat to see, but hardly exactly useful, as far as I remember.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#389 Post by Tecarmel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:43 pm

DMC2 Dante's Disc

Mission 3
Orangguerra- This battle was a little more interesting and less awful than when I fought him with Lucia. The enclosed trolley station, with him swinging from the bars, added another dimension to the battle.

Mission 4
Cool, a whole Blue Orb.
What's this? Stupid gate dropping, I don't have time for this. And I can't even make it without Devil-Triggering, so I am forced to use some of my DT before the boss, with no way of regaining any between the gate and Jokatgulm. If I was on harder difficulties, this really would've pissed me off.

Jokatgulm *sigh*- No more fun the second time around, but briefer, mercifully, thanks to handguns.

Ah, the Shotgun, lovely. Can't use it until the next mission, though.
I don't think I like Dante on a motorcycle. I'm glad he never actually rode one in DMC1. They're trying too hard to make him seem cool. Silly Capcom, Dante is already ice cold, he doesn't need your help.

Joch
Evil Posting Overlord

#390 Post by Joch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 am

@Tecarmel - I'll bump up my old topic tomorrow. Got a bit too caught up in Super Mario 64 today, but I'll really try to get at least one mission of DMC1 done to get the ball rolling. <_<

And for now, goodnight. Good luck with the rest of your Dante game :p
With thanks to Algy >_>

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#391 Post by Master Ry » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Hey Tecarmel, I liked Dante in a motorcycle. >_>

I mean, motorcycles are awesome! Unless it's Lady's...

Anyway, I think Dante looked thrilling in that bike. :p

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#392 Post by Tecarmel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 am

DMC3 Dante looks good on a motorcycle. DMC2 Dante looks like he's having a midlife crisis.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYTPlcLveYI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYTPlcLveYI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#393 Post by Master Ry » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 pm

LOL @ Crazy Frog Dante.

Still, that very scene give me the nerves. One thing is Dante defying gravity and doing amazing stunts himself because HE is a semi-devil. However, the motorcycle isn't from Hell. Even the jumps makes no sense whatsoever: like, the tower is pulling him, instead of the earth.

Not to mention, he BLEW the motorcycle. Motorcycles are NOT meant to be destroyed. I hate him for that. ù_ú

Although I'll give points that DMC2 Dante looks a bit of a midlife crisis, but hey, it's DMC2 Dante, he sucks anyway. Although now that I think about it, this mid life crisis isn't what I'd consider... crisis. I say this because I think of myself: I love motorcycles, but can't exactly afford them. I dream of those sportbikes, but it'll take some years of practice before I have enough experience to drive such a giant machine. By them... people will think I'm in a midlife crisis, but I'm not. :p

*shrugs*

How's your gameplay going? :p

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#394 Post by Tecarmel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:27 am

Ryan86 wrote:One thing is Dante defying gravity and doing amazing stunts himself because HE is a semi-devil. However, the motorcycle isn't from Hell. Even the jumps makes no sense whatsoever: like, the tower is pulling him, instead of the earth.
GRAVITY IS FOR LOSERS! ;P
Ryan86 wrote: I love motorcycles, but can't exactly afford them. I dream of those sportbikes, but it'll take some years of practice before I have enough experience to drive such a giant machine. By them... people will think I'm in a midlife crisis, but I'm not. :p
No, you're right, you should drive a motorcycle if that's what you want, no matter how old you are when you can afford it, and damn what other people think.
But be careful, okay Ryan? And wear a helmet.
Ryan86 wrote:How's your gameplay going? :p
Well, for DMC2, the whole game is taking me forever to finish. I tell myself it's because I don't have as much time to play video games as I used to, but part of it is that when I do have free time, "Let's play some Devil May Cry 2, yeah!" isn't the first thing on my mind.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#395 Post by Master Ry » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Tecarmel wrote:(...) when I do have free time, "Let's play some Devil May Cry 2, yeah!" isn't the first thing on my mind.
ROFTCOPTER!!!
Tecarmel wrote:No, you're right, you should drive a motorcycle if that's what you want, no matter how old you are when you can afford it, and damn what other people think.
But be careful, okay Ryan? And wear a helmet.
Oh, absolutely. And not only helmet, but a full protective suit. I certainly won't play chances at all, even if it means sweating the hell out while wearing it under Brazil's tropical weather.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#396 Post by Tecarmel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:23 am

DMC2 Dante's disc, Mission 5

Freki & Geri- a miniboss right off the bat, interesting. I used my Shotgun to make this fight a lot easier, and got some use out of the combos. I found three Shotgun combos, is there more? Also, Shotgun Twosome Time = win.
Oranguerra again? I don't like fighting him in wide open spaces. Ahaha, I can get him to swing at me, dodge it, and he'll hit the Homromsira for some damage. Why thank you.
Infected Tank, beat. Oh, there's two Infected Tanks. Beat. Wait, there's three! But why didn't they all attack me at once? I would've liked that better. Miniboss city in this mission.

Crap, I almost missed the Offense Heart, what's the matter with me? This mission is so dark I can't see a damn thing.

Infected Chopper, Infected Chopper, Infected Chopper, Infected Chopper:
I...hate...this...thing. *twitches* It guess some of these battles are optional, but I like to find all the red orbs, blue orb fragments, etc. by myself (if possible), and I can't have that thing hounding me while I try to explore the area. So I kept fighting it over and over. <_< (Pity me.) Eventually I brought out my guide, because there is no way I'm going to do this mission over again if I miss a secret room or something. By the time I got to the "real" boss fight, I had spent enough time fighting this battle ad nauseum, that a little extra vitality didn't make much difference.

I wonder if there are different Infected Choppers, or does the same one keep coming back for revenge? No, forget it, I don't care.

Super Dante

#397 Post by Super Dante » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 am

It's the same chopper that follows you even if you "defeat" it earlier than the real fight.

Velari
Phantom Baby

#398 Post by Velari » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 am

Next boss if I'm correct is a ton of wasted potential >_>

STN
Phantom Baby

#399 Post by STN » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm

If it's the big one then yeah, with some decent designing that could have been a brilliant fight.

Super Dante

#400 Post by Super Dante » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Velari wrote:Next boss if I'm correct is a ton of wasted potential >_>
What exactly do you expect from the building boss? For him to suck you in and swallow you whole like Nighty?