YEAAAARRRRGH: A Dante Must Die log

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

Andy
Phantom Baby

YEAAAARRRRGH: A Dante Must Die log

#1 Post by Andy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:18 am

So, yeah, I beat Hard mode. Big news. But my ambitions do not stop there, as I now try to brave the most difficult mode.

Mission 1: 'Twas business as usual, until I reached the little cavern underground. The timer of myth has appeared before my eyes, but the dolls were no trouble. I got a rank of S, but I suppose that's no real feat. Onward!
War were declared.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#2 Post by Andy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:31 am

Mission 2: So I'm strolling through the round corridor, when a big fucking SPIKE goes through my head. I took care of Tiger and his brother, and regained my health.

I beat the blades by the fountain, and more kept appearing. Does DMD send endless waves at you, always?

I got A-rank on the mission. That's all for now.
War were declared.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#3 Post by Tecarmel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:44 am

Go Andy go!!

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#4 Post by Master Ry » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Andy wrote:Mission 2: So I'm strolling through the round corridor, when a big fucking SPIKE goes through my head. I took care of Tiger and his brother, and regained my health.

I beat the blades by the fountain, and more kept appearing. Does DMD send endless waves at you, always?

I got A-rank on the mission. That's all for now.
You're doing a maxed Dante run, I'm guessing. Mission 1 turns absurdly easier that way, indeed. ^^

No, even on DMD, there is a limit on how many enemies will come. M2 just happens to have a huge source of Blades. It's possible to Critical Hit them all one by one if you stay in the balcony where the door you must enter is, but it's a bit tricky, as sometimes they don't come one after the other like good boys. :p

Good luck with Phantom on M3!

"Dracula played baseball?" - me

Andy
Phantom Baby

#5 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 am

Mission 3: Phantom went down hard. He hit me with a surprisingly fast claw swipe though. A-rank.

Mission 4: Death Scissors seemed more agile, I couldn't hit him as much this time. Nelo had lots of health, but he didn't touch me once. I got an A-rank for whatever reason, I should have got S.

Mission 5: Damn Shadows. They killed me once, but I changed my plan a little. I used DT'd E&I instead of saving DT for Stingers on the core. It worked, but took a little time. I got a B.

Mission 6: I didn't have any DT, so I taunted the Plasmas until I could Inferno them. The Death Scissors was cake. Got an S.

Mission 7: The frosts killed me good. No real excuse, just let my guard down. Got an A.

Mission 8: I almost had Phantom first try, but he, uh, landed on me. On the second try, he was one fucking pixel away from death. What an asshole. Got... a D.

Mission 9: Nothing of note happened. Well, I skipped Griffon. Got an S.

Mission 10: Fuck Shadows, round 2. They knocked me back to the beginning at first, then they just killed me. Third time, the second one didn't DT. Peasy. Kyklops were simple too. Got a B.

Mission 11: Nelo, you rascal. The battle went well, but he almost got me near the end. I found a little, simple loop. After slash-cancelling, if he blocks, shoot him with E&I. He'll lunge forward, which is easily dodgeable. He's ready to attack again. Not a loop per se, since he will eventually teleport, but it's handy. Got an A.

Mission 12: Destroyed Death Scythe, but Griffon keeps killing me. I know everyone says DT and E&I, but he just outlasts me. What with the lightning and the Elastic Eagle, I'm just not agile enough to dodge everything.
War were declared.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#6 Post by Super Dante » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 am

Jump to the top of the mast right beside of him when he lands for profit.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#7 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 am

^ This is helping. My thumb hurts now though. Any advice for Elastic Eagles? They're pissing me off.
War were declared.

crazyswords
Phantom Baby

#8 Post by crazyswords » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 am

Try to save enough dt to take care of it in a few shots.

Other than that, remember to let go of lock on to shoot the bird.

It won't hurt you on the first pass, so don't worry about trying to air hike to dodge it until the second time (it has been a very long time since I played this, but I believe you can air hike while it's got you), but you should have shot it down by then.

Also, don't forget about meteor and inferno if you've got the opportunity, though Dt'ed EI shots are pretty much the safest way to go. I think I may have even used air raid at some point in time, vortexing when he threw lighting my way.

But like I said, it has been a very long time since I played this.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#9 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks bros, I beat him. But I ended up using the Meteor method. Got a D, by the way.

Mission 14: Went smoothly. I enjoyed fighting the Death Scythe at the end there. A-rank.

Mission 15: OH GOD WHAT GRIFFON TAKES NO DAMAGE

Stuck again, bros!
War were declared.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#10 Post by Tecarmel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am

Andy, do you know how to get the double hit on Griffon with Meteor 2 at the beginning of the battle?

Andy
Phantom Baby

#11 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 am

Tecarmel wrote:Andy, do you know how to get the double hit on Griffon with Meteor 2 at the beginning of the battle?
Verily. It's phase 2 I have trouble with. It's so damn gradual, I've had him down to about 25% once though. I'm trying both Grenadegun and E&I. The latter does good damage, but it hurts my hand a lot. By the end, I'm just discouraged and fail it.
War were declared.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#12 Post by Andy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:36 am

Yuss! Griffon= one delicious Christmas turkey. Used 2 Holy Water though. D-rank.

Mission 16: Oh man. Is it going to be like this on every mission from here on out? I got nightmare down to a tiny bit of health, but as usual, this game fucks me hard. DMD bosses have so much damn health.

I think I'll take a break. I'm getting pretty frustrated, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.
War were declared.

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#13 Post by Master Ry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Welcome to DMC1's DMD, the most satisfying challenge to complete you'll face in a videogame. xD

Sachiel
Dull

#14 Post by Sachiel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Dude...

That makes me want to play DMC1 all over. :P

Just bought Anniversary Collection....

*Turns on the PS3...*

Andy
Phantom Baby

#15 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:36 am

Beat Nightmare! I used a Vital Star though. Got a B.

Mission 17: I was killed by the absolute ton of Fetishes, but I hustled the next time and realized something: There weren't a ton, the just take a long time to kill when DT'd . Crikey!

The skeleton changes it's stance. Never realized that before.

I'm sure glad I was able to skip the Nobodies in the hall. I hate fighting them.

ASDFGH
One stab is enough to take me to 1 health? Good God. I'm improving, at least. I've whittled him to half health, but it's damn hard.
War were declared.

Super Dante

#16 Post by Super Dante » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:20 am

No, the most one hit can do is around 80%(give or take) of your life. One combo, the regular one he does, can take you to like 0.1% of your health though.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#17 Post by Andy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:31 am

Oh, well I'm at about 80% of the second health bar, so that makes sense.
War were declared.

BerN
Phantom Baby

#18 Post by BerN » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:41 pm

So, how's the fight going? How are you fighting him?

Andy
Phantom Baby

#19 Post by Andy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 am

Yeah, I've been peppering my days with attempts. He's tough, but every time I get a little better. The biggest problem is when he fakes me out with a combo, instead of a stab. Or that cheap-ass split second stab after he blocks.
War were declared.

DevilMayCry
Phantom Baby

#20 Post by DevilMayCry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 pm

i remember back in 08 it was my goal to beat dmd by 2009. I accompished it.
well by now my dmdc chapter is over.
Forever most likely.
Only thing that will get me to even look for my dmc games is if dm5 cuims ioyt, hwihc i have wsaid i dont think will happen.
Im drunk
bye

Salvatori
Phantom Babeh

#21 Post by Salvatori » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Wait till you get to Nightmare 3 or Mundus 2.

The Nightmare 3 fight I got down to a tee, even being able to parry his boomerang attacks and not just jumping over them. But when he does that cheap ass shit at the end when the core is exposed and all hell breaks lose, I could never avoid taking a cheap hit, because fucking vortex always managed to run out.

I beat him, but could never do it damageless, for the purpose of an SB run.

v4lor
Phantom Baby

#22 Post by v4lor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:32 am

I hate Nightmare 3. I HATE Nightmare 3. I HATE NIGHTMARE 3! I HATE NIGHTMARE 3!!

Super Dante

#23 Post by Super Dante » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Use Ifrit and kill Shadow Nelo with Slash canceling and then use more ifrit then use Alastor on the final core. <___<

Basically, PPKK to like 75% health > underworld trip > Slash cancel Nelo > more PPKK > ignore Trish > Switch to alastor before final core appears > Air Raid/vortex Nightmare > grenade roll until DT is back > more air raid/vortex

Rob
10 HOME <br> 20 SWEET <br> 30 GOTO 10

#24 Post by Rob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

Super Dante wrote:Use Ifrit and kill Shadow Nelo with Slash canceling and then use more ifrit then use Alastor on the final core. <___<Basically> underworld trip > Slash cancel Nelo > more PPKK > ignore Trish > Switch to alastor before final core appears > Air Raid/vortex Nightmare > grenade roll until DT is back > more air raid/vortex
It is that easy on paper, unfortunately. :P I've never escaped the core unscathed every time I encountered it.

Andy
Phantom Baby

#25 Post by Andy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am

Well, you can all consider this log FUCKING FINISHED. It took me almost two years, and it's finally done. I decided earlier today to complete DMD, so I took a maxed-out Hard file, finished it, then powered through DMD in one day.

Well, I shouldn't say 'powered'. Some bosses still gave me trouble, like Nightmare and Griffon. Nelo actually was not too bad, once I learned his moves. On the whole, it went far better than I had expected. 31 total deaths and about 3 hours, without resetting the game. Usually got either an S or a D on the missions, Ds obviously being the later bosses.

It was awesome.
War were declared.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#26 Post by Tecarmel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Andy wrote:powered through DMD in one day

Master Ry
The Club Owner

#27 Post by Master Ry » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Jesus! You hadn't finished it since then?? xD

Congrats, Andy! DMC1's DMD is quite a beast on its own, indeed.

Now, S-Rank runs? Followed by SB's? Then fresh DMD SB's? =D