S Rank calculation

DMC2. You were very poor. What's better than you? DMC4.

Moderator: Master Ry

MasterOGA
Dull

#51 Post by MasterOGA » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:00 pm

It's off by more than 10 points on big levels :) I'm looking at a DMD mission 07 score that's off by 5000+, but it's still MUCH better than before. There's either 1 more small missing piece, or the game truly does round off numbers lol.

zealot
Phantom Baby

#52 Post by zealot » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Can you post a screenshot for the rank screen that's off?

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#53 Post by Tikok » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:39 pm

DMD Mission 17 and Mission 7 have the same clear bonus .
for my mission 17 : ( 2 500 + 27 709 ) X 3 X 2 X 1,2 X 3 = 652 514,4 pts
I have 652 530pts , so it's pretty accurate :p

I'll try again with DMD mission 12 this time :
( 1000 + 11 052 ) X 3 X 2 X 1,2 X 1,5 X 3 = 390 484 , 8 pts
I have 390 497 pts . It works there too :p

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#54 Post by Pokey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am

Arn't people overthinking this a bit? The key to a high rank is simple...

S rank in all aspects, & as high style rank as possible (Which would imply an S Rank in devil points bit anyway) A difficulty multiplier is very likely, but overall it has no effect on rank manipulation, it's a forced rank bonus that doesn't change. I tested a considerable amount & found no link to getting 100% orbs to Overall rank bonus as oposed to 95%, so long as you get an S rank you seem pretty safe, which surprised me, i assumed they'd have a 100% orbs bonus in there. (TBH i'm glad they don't)

I don't get why you'd want to test a Difficulty rank bonus, which is most likely to be implemented, because NG did the exact same thing for latter difficulties. When it will have no effect on anything overall. Nor would it help or hinder you in a Rank run.

I'm more concerned about non attack style increasers, like Taunt Snatch, some glitchy CS3's, Near miss evasion, Mustang & Yamato resheathing... or of course manipulating Dance Macabre

I'm going to test later if any other attack gives you a taunt bonus like the Yamato resheath does, i only discovered that an hour ago, wondering if style switch aniumations raise style, or the pose Nero makes after Combo B

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#55 Post by Tikok » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 am

I'm more concerned about non attack style increasers, like Taunt Snatch, some glitchy CS3's, Near miss evasion, Mustang & Yamato resheathing... or of course manipulating Dance Macabre

They raise the style bar , but give no style pts . so taunting at SSS for exemple is useless , since you're already at SSS and the style pts are determined by the a multiplier for each style ranks .
Arn't people overthinking this a bit?

This topic has been incredibly useful to me :p , So I can see how much pts I'll get if I increase by *insert number here* style pts , if it's worth trying and so on :p

Moonlight Prophet
Dull

#56 Post by Moonlight Prophet » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 pm

IIRC Pokey, Style switching during combat does boost the style meter. Nothing substantial though.

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#57 Post by Pokey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:53 am

They raise the style bar , but give no style pts . so taunting at SSS for exemple is useless , since you're already at SSS and the style pts are determined by the a multiplier for each style ranks .

Yeah but, getting to SSS with as little damage as possible would utilize all of these abilities. If you can say, in theory get to SSS using just one enemy you would have the remainder to get maximum scores off of. So non-attacks that raise style would become very useful. ^_^

This topic has been incredibly useful to me :p , So I can see how much pts I'll get if I increase by *insert number here* style pts , if it's worth trying and so on :p

Oh, i'm not commenting on the topic, in general it's a great topic... Just the variations of multiplier dependant on difficulty. But now that you mentioned it that way, i see where you're coming from, personally i just go for a SSS rank, check my score, multiply it by 1.5 then assess how much more i need to improve it :P

sshplur
Phantom Baby

#58 Post by sshplur » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:37 pm

http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=871794&fpage=1

Kasou got a hold of the DMC4 data book and has been posting the stuff in it. Does it clear things up?

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#59 Post by Pokey » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 am

Mission 4 Rank Run

I editted out most of the backtracking, for obvious reasons, probably sick of those fights

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#60 Post by Tikok » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:44 am

Thank you , Got the damageless on my first try after watching your vid :p
Less pts than you however 1 079 556pts since I did less fights than you and screwed up the bael strat <_<

iVan
I Am The King Of Hell

#61 Post by iVan » Thu May 08, 2008 6:45 pm

A question... Is there any good strats to get SSS on Human Mode M12? I mean sweetjesus, getting out of the place in 7.30 minutes, hunting 95% of Orbs, yet milking 7000 pt off the enemies that can barely stand any attacks? It seems that Capcom didn't spend much time thinking of completion feasibility of non-DMD modes after all. >_>

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#62 Post by Pokey » Fri May 09, 2008 4:56 pm

EtherealS wrote:A question... Is there any good strats to get SSS on Human Mode M12? I mean sweetjesus, getting out of the place in 7.30 minutes, hunting 95% of Orbs, yet milking 7000 pt off the enemies that can barely stand any attacks? It seems that Capcom didn't spend much time thinking of completion feasibility of non-DMD modes after all. >_>

Deflecting the Dark orb? & Breaking shileds (Omen'll do no damage & knock you to a B instantly on the Angelo's, not to mention it's fast)

Frosts are impossible to get decent points off of with Dante

Mission 6 Rank Run

Yeah, about 17K off, i coulda hit the top.. one of my test runs i got about 665K which works out just over a mill with ND, but eh... screw it, i'm eager to do M6

iVan
I Am The King Of Hell

#63 Post by iVan » Sat May 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Pokey wrote:Deflecting the Dark orb? & Breaking shileds (Omen'll do no damage & knock you to a B instantly on the Angelo's, not to mention it's fast)

Frosts are impossible to get decent points off of with Dante

Yeah, got it after a few tries. On Human Mode, those Angelos tend to go suicide bomber sometimes and screw the rank... didn't they want to fight that much? >_> Anyway skipping the Lift activation (and hence fighting Frosts) proved useful for time requirement.

On to M5 vid, nice job with Memphistos style boost and getting no dmg throughout those re-enter crazy areas. FF part was lolz. M6 should be good for style points as long as you are tough enough to farm in that Assnut's room. :3

TheGodfatherDict
Cool

#64 Post by TheGodfatherDict » Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 pm

I wanted to HS m02 for all difficulties,so far I did it for H,DH,DMD...only SoS left...

Human:

Devil Hunter:

Dante must die:

Sweedumz
Dull

#65 Post by Sweedumz » Fri May 30, 2008 10:30 am

Wait. These multipliers never drop below certain thresholds. Does that mean it's possible to forego all other requirements and simply spend several day raking in more and more style points? Is that the reason for those ludacriously high world rankings? Or am I missing something here? Do the enemies stop respawning after a while or something?
Feed Me Personages!

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#66 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Sweedumz wrote:Wait. These multipliers never drop below certain thresholds. Does that mean it's possible to forego all other requirements and simply spend several day raking in more and more style points? Is that the reason for those ludacriously high world rankings? Or am I missing something here? Do the enemies stop respawning after a while or something?

The simplest form of working out a score is this these multipliers go IN ORDER (One after the other) & reduce for ranks, all below are S ranks D ranks will give no multiplier

x 3 Difficulty bonus (this is DMD, no matter what you will ALWAYS recieve this)
x 3 time bonus (S in time)
x 2 Orb Bonus (S in orbs)
x 1.2 (No item bonus)
X 1.5 (No damage bonus)

We'lll take a base score of 20,000

x3 = 60,000
x3 = 180,000
x2 = 360,000
x1.2 = 432,000
x 1.5 = 648,000

Basically... Yes, but we are depending on the situation talking litteral Days here of playing.

A good testing ground is Agnus in M6, he has an infinite Respawn rate & all the enemies you kill give the maximum amount of points (You see when you fight a fight for a second time, they give reduced points, which further reduces subsequently, till the enemy gives you 1 point per couple of hits) So upon figitng Agnus it takes about 2 hours of farming (Possibly less) to hit the 99,999 mark & the counter goes over that, in an awful glitch of a fashion.

The 100,000th digit goes where the 10,000th Digit is normally... the 1st digit goes IN FRONT of your Orbs collected section so basically you have a Style Counter with 5 digits & a few paces north you have a lone digit sitting there all screwy, just in front of the icon for your orbs. this does keep going. & after you complete the mission it sais 99,999 but it ACTUALLY gives you what you recieved. So if you got 120,000 you will recive the conversion of style points for that.

Keep in mind going for this usually gives a D in time. so using the general rule of calculation you are losing a 3x multiplier so ion Mission 6 for example (The mission it is most possible) going for all S's & no damage you need 62,000 (roughly) to break 2 million, this includes no damage + all other benefical bonuses. forgoing that & going for Farming, you would need 278,000 style points to break 2 million (Without taking no damage bonus in to consideration but taking no item in to consideration.)

So that would be a considerable amount of farming going by the above logic of all bonuses (3 X 3 X 2 X 1.2 X 1.5) you are only getting 3 X 2 X 1.2

Hope that made sense to you, it basically means, theoretically yes it's possible, but only pheasable for a handful of missions

So rule of thumb is should you opt for the farmnibg route you will need about 4 & a half times more style points than you would if you were to go for all bonuses

Psychedelic~
d3ViLWithiN

#67 Post by Psychedelic~ » Fri May 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Pokey, where are you upping your DMD run ?
I have gone to look for myself. If I come back before I return, keep me here~

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#68 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 pm

d3ViLWithiN wrote:Pokey, where are you upping your DMD run ?

Megaupload is the only place that can hold it, why you looking for the mission or have a suggestion of another upload place?

Psychedelic~
d3ViLWithiN

#69 Post by Psychedelic~ » Fri May 30, 2008 5:34 pm

I was looking forward to see them (dint watch anything from you except that first video you did), just couldn't find it anywhere on your youtube, filefront etc. I can download no issues but it happens to be except megaupload, that thing does not work with me.

I however do want to suggest you to make your videos more accessible. Streaming maybe, filefront would be really helpful, if you can.

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#70 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 5:44 pm

d3ViLWithiN wrote:I was looking forward to see them (dint watch anything from you except that first video you did), just couldn't find it anywhere on your youtube, filefront etc. I can download no issues but it happens to be except megaupload, that thing does not work with me.

I however do want to suggest you to make your videos more accessible. Streaming maybe, filefront would be really helpful, if you can.

hmm, ok... i will do (Can't now, got work soon)

Can i ask why it doesn't work? you are aware you need to input a code to get it to start downloading right?

iVan
I Am The King Of Hell

#71 Post by iVan » Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Pokey wrote:A good testing ground is Agnus in M6, he has an infinite Respawn rate & all the enemies you kill give the maximum amount of points (You see when you fight a fight for a second time, they give reduced points, which further reduces subsequently, till the enemy gives you 1 point per couple of hits)

I thought the point reduction also depends on no. of times one particular move is used on a certain playground? Ofcuz, as usual the Style Bar will go up by cycling a few moves around, however, the actual points gaining from those repeated moves seem to be less and less. Not sure whether that's the reason behind the re-spawn point reduction or another factor on top of it.

Psychedelic~
d3ViLWithiN

#72 Post by Psychedelic~ » Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Pokey wrote:Can i ask why it doesn't work? you are aware you need to input a code to get it to start downloading right?

Well It's all fine and dandy till the bar downloads and installs but for some reason then it keeps taking me places and could never get to the file. Maybe it was me, but you paste me the link, will give it another shot.

And as for why I am sugesting another place is for the fact that people might switch computers or use'em at work/uni etc. Also it is easy to show some friends coming over ... Like more accessible all-round.
Last edited by Psychedelic~ on Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#73 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

EtherealS wrote:
Pokey wrote:A good testing ground is Agnus in M6, he has an infinite Respawn rate & all the enemies you kill give the maximum amount of points (You see when you fight a fight for a second time, they give reduced points, which further reduces subsequently, till the enemy gives you 1 point per couple of hits)

I thought the point reduction also depends on no. of times one particular move is used on a certain playground? Ofcuz, as usual the Style Bar will go up by cycling a few moves around, however, the actual points gaining from those repeated moves seem to be less and less. Not sure whether that's the reason behind the re-spawn point reduction or another factor on top of it.

the abosulte ONLY thing that effects points per hit (Beside repeat fights) is the style bar... If you have SSS then if you do 100 Calibres you will get the maximum amount of points you can get. so long as you are at SSS you can do anything you wish.

Think of it like this, every enemy is assigned a HP bar, you gain points for the health you take

(this is an example, not accurate)

Crow = 200
Mega Crow = 700

Say these are the points you recieve for killing each one. Now SSS gives you 4 x that amount So if you take 150 points off it on a D ran all you'll hit is 150 points, if you do that on an SSS rank you'll get 600, which is why style raisers without damage are so useful.

There are exceptions, things like shields alter this somewhat (but not much) because you can do no damage & still be grante style points.

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#74 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 6:00 pm

d3ViLWithiN wrote:
Pokey wrote:Can i ask why it doesn't work? you are aware you need to input a code to get it to start downloading right?

Well It's all fine and dandy till the bar downloads and installs but for some reason then it keeps taking me places and could never get to the file. Maybe it was me, but you paste me the link, will give it another shot.

And as for why I am sugesting another place is for the fact that people might switch computers or use'em at work/uni etc. Also it is easy to show some friends coming over ... Like more accessible all-round.

I'll sort them out for Filefront whenever i can, once HVE becomes up & runnning they'll be there (Streaming)

zealot
Phantom Baby

#75 Post by zealot » Fri May 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Is HvE down again?

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#76 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Zealot wrote:Is HvE down again?

re-editting

iVan
I Am The King Of Hell

#77 Post by iVan » Fri May 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Pokey wrote:the abosulte ONLY thing that effects points per hit (Beside repeat fights) is the style bar... If you have SSS then if you do 100 Calibres you will get the maximum amount of points you can get. so long as you are at SSS you can do anything you wish.

Think of it like this, every enemy is assigned a HP bar, you gain points for the health you take

Crow = 200
Mega Crow = 700

Say these are the points you recieve for killing each one. Now SSS gives you 4 x that amount So if you take 150 points off it on a D ran all you'll hit is 150 points, if you do that on an SSS rank you'll get 600, which is why style raisers without damage are so useful.

There are exceptions, things like shields alter this somewhat (but not much) because you can do no damage & still be grante style points.

Ah, that explained why any attacks on near-dead or DT'ed enemies give terrible points. Still doesn't this mean, at the same Style bar, either busting an enemy out with DRI or taking it down normally with Reb would give roughly the same amount of Stylish points in total?

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#78 Post by Tikok » Fri May 30, 2008 6:14 pm

not roughly , at SSS , no matter what you do ,you'll always get the same ammount of style pts ( except things like Alto's shields like Pokey said :p ) .

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#79 Post by Pokey » Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 pm

EtherealS wrote:
Pokey wrote:the abosulte ONLY thing that effects points per hit (Beside repeat fights) is the style bar... If you have SSS then if you do 100 Calibres you will get the maximum amount of points you can get. so long as you are at SSS you can do anything you wish.

Crow = 200
Mega Crow = 700

Ah, that explained why any attacks on near-dead or DT'ed enemies give terrible points. Still doesn't this mean, at the same Style bar, either busting an enemy out with DRI or taking it down normally with Reb would give roughly the same amount of Stylish points in total?

It SHOULD thoughy i haven't tested out distort mechanics, as Dostort is somewhat of a glitch it might not recognise the other points... a normal RI would definately. but the easiest way to test this is to get to SSS then kill one MEph normally & do DRI for the other
compare point increase

Sweedumz
Dull

#80 Post by Sweedumz » Sat May 31, 2008 1:13 am

Pokey wrote:A good testing ground is Agnus in M6, he has an infinite Respawn rate & all the enemies you kill give the maximum amount of points (You see when you fight a fight for a second time, they give reduced points, which further reduces subsequently, till the enemy gives you 1 point per couple of hits) So upon figitng Agnus it takes about 2 hours of farming (Possibly less) to hit the 99,999 mark & the counter goes over that, in an awful glitch of a fashion.

Ahh I see. So there is a penalty for redoing fights. Perhaps this will in fact drop to zero after some time, putting a theoretical limit on the amount of farming possible.
Feed Me Personages!

Pokey
SShowtime!!

#81 Post by Pokey » Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 am

Sweedumz wrote:
Pokey wrote:A good testing ground is Agnus in M6, he has an infinite Respawn rate & all the enemies you kill give the maximum amount of points (You see when you fight a fight for a second time, they give reduced points, which further reduces subsequently, till the enemy gives you 1 point per couple of hits) So upon figitng Agnus it takes about 2 hours of farming (Possibly less) to hit the 99,999 mark & the counter goes over that, in an awful glitch of a fashion.

Ahh I see. So there is a penalty for redoing fights. Perhaps this will in fact drop to zero after some time, putting a theoretical limit on the amount of farming possible.

Nope... it doesn;t, you seee even attacking an enemy with 0 health with an attack that hurts but doesn't kill them still raises style... For example you can do Dance MAcabre minus the final hit on a Single Crow & you will slowly but consistently raise style 1 point at as time (even though, going by the health = points logic, that isn't possible)

bonesx
Dull

#82 Post by bonesx » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:06 am

pokey vids are insane

Villa Villa
Dull

#83 Post by Villa Villa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:42 am

Tikok wrote:I just got a S rank I think I didn't deserve at all ...
SSS'd the mission , no item , but I used a continue , still got a S <_<

It sounds impossible,.

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#84 Post by Tikok » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:57 pm

It's pretty far from impossible ...

RX7
Phantom Baby

#85 Post by RX7 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:55 am

Woot! I finally get to see Pokey's DMC4 gameplay and pretty entertaining at that. Any links to Missions 12-18? I'd like to see your Dante gameplay :P

Seeing these videos has inspired me to restart my No Damage run. That's not the only reason however, I didn't save my game after going through some of these missions so my scores didn't save. Not only that but I no longer have those videos since I changed computers. It also looks like doing some commentary on those videos might be fun.

Edit - Holy crap, I should slap myself for not browsing this topic in the past...
You people are disgusting. Peh! I spit on you! - TaZ

Kyryu
Sweet!

#86 Post by Kyryu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:41 am

So if what is written here is correct, u don't need to do DMD no damage run, Wow thats awsome i was kind of demoralized that i always got 2 or 3 hits on DMD and i just cant finish No Damage, awsome gameplay Pokey, and does anyone know any other ways to get more style points, JG seems to get the rank up, yet no points included, also Table hopper seems a good way to get the style up whidout damaging the enemy, is there any other way?

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#87 Post by Tikok » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 pm

So if what is written here is correct, u don't need to do DMD no damage run

If you're aiming for a S rank , then yes , you don't need no damage , if you're going for points however , no damage grants you a huge bonus.
does anyone know any other ways to get more style points, JG seems to get the rank up, yet no points included, also Table hopper seems a good way to get the style up whidout damaging the enemy, is there any other way?

Are you asking for ways to get style points or rising the style bar ?
If you're asking for the former , you can always backtrack and repeat fights to get more style points ( be careful about breaking the time limit though ) , and , if you're asking for the latter , try taunting more and finishing enemies with a hit that raises the style bar a lot like Charged Shot 3 with Nero or the last hit of Dance Macabre with Dante.

Kyryu
Sweet!

#88 Post by Kyryu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok this proved very usefull and i finally managed a DMD no damage run on M12, but i was wondering, does it count how many times you get hit, i know if you get hit you lose part of the stylish meter but does it punish you further? like in DMC3 you get S for no DMG A for a bit of dmg and so on? System works on DMC4 to? because if i don't manage to do a no damage run do i still need to care about getting hit as long as i have the necesarry abount of style points?

And there actualy is a list of all hidden orb caches at Devils lair, i never tought that site could be usefull, anyway if you Get S-A-S no Item the rank is A, on DMD, this is why i was wondering if it counts how many times you get hit, i did not take any dmg exept for the angel fight, whits screwed my style points and i got alot of dmg, left whit 3 bars, Rank A, is that normal?

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#89 Post by Tikok » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:37 pm

i was wondering, does it count how many times you get hit, i know if you get hit you lose part of the stylish meter but does it punish you further?

It doesn't . There are no ranks for damage in DMC4 , getting hit once or 10 times is the same , you will just lose the no damage bonus.
anyway if you Get S-A-S no Item the rank is A [...] is that normal?

You got a A rank because you didn't have enough points to get a S rank that's all . Just look at the formula on the first page .

Kyryu
Sweet!

#90 Post by Kyryu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 pm

I saw the formula, i was wondering why because i was aprox 500 points away from S, so it doesn't matter how far on A you are you need S time- S points to S a mission all or nothing it seems, and another qwestion does it matter how much you go past the time? Ex M12 Time is 14:00 and you get 10:30 or you get more style points, its 7000 and you get like 8200, can it compensate if you get the other one A? Or if you used an Item? And relly thx for the help Tikok

Tikok
Phantom Baby

#91 Post by Tikok » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Please just try to understand the formula , it will answer all your questions .
I was wondering why because i was aprox 500 points away from S

If you were 500 points away from S then it's normal you got a A rank .
so it doesn't matter how far on A you are you need S time- S points to S a mission all or nothing it seems

You don't need to get triple S to get a S rank but , you'll get more points if you manage to do that .
and another question does it matter how much you go past the time? Ex M12 Time is 14:00 and you get 10:30 or you get more style points, its 7000 and you get like 8200, can it compensate if you get the other one A? Or if you used an Item?

Yes , you can get enough points to get a S rank even if you used an item , or even died and used a gold orb ( though you shouldn't be satisfied with such a S rank ) . Just try to get S in Time , Style and Orbs and you should be fine .
And relly thx for the help Tikok

You're welcome~

Patriotsbj
Absolute

Оклейка автомобилей антигравийной плёнкой Минск

#92 Post by Patriotsbj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 am

Привет друзья!
Предлагаем Вашему вниманию высококачественные профессиональные плёнки.
Наша организация"ООО Защитные плёнки" работает 15 лет на рынке этой продукции в Беларуси.
Мы можем предложить Вам Защитные плёнки ,архитектурные плёнки,декоративные плёнки,автомобильные плёнки и противопожарные плёнки.
Более подробная информация размещена на нашем сайте
С уважением,коллектив "ООО Защитные плёнки".

пленка на стекло от солнца
пленка тонировочная для окон цена
пленка матовая на окна
теплоотражающая пленка для окон
солнцеотражающая пленка на окна купить
бронирование оконных стекол пленкой
установка защитных плёнок
декоративные пленки на стекло
пленка тонирующая
пленка для стекол
архитектурная пленка зеркальная
бронирующая пленка а2 купить