Phantom Babies

Welcome to the dark side of the DMC community. We're just evil :p
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostMessage posted...: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:18 pm 
SSStylish!!!

i did not leave entirely, every once in a while i check this forum...
life has gone forward indeed, i graduated in engineering, attending now a specialization course, went through a very delusional long term relationship, which almost destroyed me, but i raised up again. gaming is still there, i moved up to combat arms, and then vindictus...now almost no game, just very rarely vindictus, made some videos in my youtube channel, but the game became progressively easier with every patch, and therefore, doing the things i showed in those videos became ultra easy, and now everyone can do.

i'll always remember you psychedelic/devilwithin and his1nightmare with a strong bond of brotherood!

PostMessage posted...: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 am 
Phantom Baby

I don't remember why i left, knowing how i was back then said reasons must've been stupid.

Anyway I decided to pop in because why the fuck not?

Not much has changed for me other than i'm driving myself around and i'm currently in school, I want to be a pharm tech.

I'm still currently looking for a fall back in case that doesn't work out for me.

PostMessage posted...: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 pm 
Phantom Baby

Master Ry wrote:
Lady K: oh c'mon. It's true that PB was born out the lack of a social board for Devil May Cry players back at GameFAQs, but our social board was always the most active one. For me, you were always a part of our community. And I really mean it.

I don't think I saw this post before, and I just wanted to say d'awww, thanks. <3

PostMessage posted...: Wed May 27, 2015 6:29 pm 
Bravo

I've married and that takes up most of my free time. Like some have mentioned the new SE for DMC4 has brought me back here.

PostMessage posted...: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 am 
Phantom Baby

I was lurking around for a while but at some point I kinda just stopped and forgot about this place until recently. When I heard about DMC4:SE coming out this June I figured I would check this place out to see how it's been since last time. As for what I've been up to the Navy has kept me preoccupied for the most part and other shenanigans with friends from work. If anybody cares I got promoted from E-3 to E-4 via advancement exam last March (the results were announced about 2 weeks ago) and now I am finally authorized to assume the duties and responsibilities of an E-4.

PostMessage posted...: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:59 am 
Phantom Baby

Wow, man. That's really great. Congratulations.

PostMessage posted...: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:07 am 
SSStylish!!!

Similar story to most on the board. Graduated from college, got a job. Got married. Life whizzed by.

Ironically enough though what brought me back wasn't so much DMC4:SE (though the thought had crossed my mind) but I was watching speedrun archives lately and went hunting for DMC3. I started to get inspired to work on a new game 100% speed run, thus ended up here again. (Psychochild, your record is still the one to beat. Impressive)

Seems like everyone's leveled up in some ways or another, but somehow a lot of old faces are coming back. Reunion is coming...

PostMessage posted...: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:17 pm 
SShowtime!!

I left cause i moved onto other games, and i ended up selling my old copies of DMC games. The prospect of buying the DMC collection on ps3 and seeing the cool add ons for DMC4SE made me think of PB. That and i wanted to see my old foxhound run facts. With how i suck at games now i don't know how i beat the DMC games on DMD mode.

PostMessage posted...: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:29 am 
Phantom Babeh

Not sure I ever 'left' PB, but I guess sometimes people do drift in and out of friendships and social groups in life.

Certainly wasn't anything to do with falling out with anyone here, because we had some great times and I've got fond memories of this place. I guess for me, a lot of it was seeing the old faithfuls drifting off a bit which kind of made me feel a bit more out of place here. And as others have said, work, life etc can sometimes just mean you don't have as much time anymore to do certain things.

Hope you guys are all ok though, and still fighting the good fight :)

PostMessage posted...: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 am 
Militant teetotaller

Hiii, Salvi! (^^)/

PostMessage posted...: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 am 
Phantom Babeh

Hi Jamo, long time no see!

How are you? :)

PostMessage posted...: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:18 am 
Militant teetotaller

Always room for improvement, but overall, can't complain for the time being. I've been a PS3 owner for the past 19 months now, so that means I finally got to beat DMC4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Both were decent.

PostMessage posted...: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:49 am 
Phantom Baby

... Apparently I am the absolute last person in the world to have gotten a PS3 >_>

PostMessage posted...: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:04 pm 
Phantom Babeh

Good stuff!

I'm still enjoying my PS3 so haven't got a PS4 yet. MGS 4 was really good in a lot of ways, and 5 looks absolutely amazing!

And hi Velari :)

PostMessage posted...: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:00 am 
Militant teetotaller

The PS3 is a pretty impressive piece of hardware, even after nearly 9 years since it first launched. The only thing about it that bugs me is that the latest hardware revisions (the so called "Superslims") can't be set to use custom firmware, because Sony plugged up all the exploits.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get the PS4 at this point. The interesting games library for me is so small, a problem that also somewhat affects the PS3. I only have 8 games for it, plus 2 that were on loan. Plowed trough all of 'em over the course of last year, great titles for the most part. But now the machine has nothing else left to do but to sit there and serve as a Blu-Ray / H.264 MP4 player. :(

MGS4 was great, perhaps a bit too much video and a bit too little gameplay, but I loved how it wrapped up Snake's story. And right on time too, now that Kojima left Konami. MGS 5... I'm not quite sure that I agree with their decision to replace David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland. Kiefer feels so out of place with the character.

Hiii, Vel! (^^)/

PostMessage posted...: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 am 
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

I never really notice the voice change too much, mostly because Boss never speaks outside of cutscenes. At least from what I remember of GZ

PostMessage posted...: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm 
Dull

thunderbird2719

Yes just make sure you keep a well documented diary of all the anti-social activity and get as many of the other well behaved and effected neighbours involved as possible. Hopefully with the right amount of pressure then something will be done i.e. and eviction order placed.

Thank you for your post and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Concern_citizen well said and its good to see you back on the forum.