Favor for me plz?

Burble all your random and anecdotal stuff here

Moderator: Master Ry

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

Favor for me plz?

#1 Post by Tecarmel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:22 am

Shockproof Jamo wrote:I've helped people here. I've done favors.
Do you know where I could find the images of Dante’s abilities that are on the screen in the background when you purchase them in DMC1 (Inferno, Kick-13 etc.)? I could do a screen capture but it has words and prices written over it. I’ve seen some of the cool DMC1 stuff you’ve contributed on the main PB site (which is also referenced and credited on other sites) so I was hoping you might have the raw images, or know how/where I could get them.

Or Joch or anyone else who might know, I'd appreciate it.

Shadow
Posting Monster

#2 Post by Shadow » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:24 am

Sorry teccy - I have no clue =/
"ERMAHGERD, UH GERT A HURRCURT" - SD

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#3 Post by Tecarmel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 am

I've found some of them on the net, like Stinger and I think Meteor, but not all of them. There's also raw images of the enemies from the game (from the Enemy Files, but without the words and stuff written over them) floating around on the internet so I figure it must be possible to get them somehow.

ggs, g2g
Midnight Runner

#4 Post by ggs, g2g » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 am

All I have is Stinger.

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

#5 Post by Gerbil Zero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:40 am

Tecarmel wrote:I've found some of them on the net, like Stinger
AlexxShadenk777 wrote:All I have is Stinger.

http://url816.imageshack.us/url816/7265 ... lcry10.jpg[/url]
:-{

ggs, g2g
Midnight Runner

#6 Post by ggs, g2g » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:43 am

Tecarmel wrote:I've found some of them on the net, like Stinger and I think Meteor, but not all of them. There's also raw images of the enemies from the game (from the Enemy Files, but without the words and stuff written over them) floating around on the internet so I figure it must be possible to get them somehow.
Goddamn it I was jaN'd. That post wasn't there when I was writing mine.

eQualz
SSStylish!!!

#7 Post by eQualz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:31 pm

So I was googling for said pictures. Only stuff I found was this in review.

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/revie ... /dmc-1.php

There's Meteor but the rest is meh.

Jebryath
Goddamn Hippy

#8 Post by Jebryath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I think they might have gotten them from the official Japanese site for the game, although I'm honestly not sure. You might want to try there, if you can find it. (It's not turning up in my first page of Google results, which is kind of terrifying.)
You're beautiful as you say the words.
The beautiful words you say.

Joch
Evil Posting Overlord

#9 Post by Joch » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:43 am

Hmm.

It's too late for me to look anywhere tonight. I will look, but tbh I'm not very hopeful :-/
I put the monster into Joch Ness Monster :p
With thanks to Algy >_>

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

#10 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:05 am

Tecarmel, I may be able to help. I have the means to rip at least some of the game's bitmaps directly from the game DVD. But, you must wait at least 16 hours more. The time is 6 am. here and I'm heading to bed. I'll look into this closer tomorrow. In the meanwhile, list exactly the images that you need.

LordGorlock
SSStylish!!!

#11 Post by LordGorlock » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:12 am

I scanned through 32 pages of google results and came up with some random screens, no skills though.

HereHere And here
*shrug* probably doesn't help but... yay guns?

and... I don't know what... this is.
Be afraid
ImageHoo hah HO!!!

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#12 Post by Tecarmel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:18 pm

@Alexx- That's a larger and better-quality image of Stinger than the one I have, so I saved it. Thanks!

@eQualz- Thanks for the link with the Meteor pic, and that was a pretty interesting review, too.

@Jeb- That was a great tip about the Japanese site. I visited it once a long time ago but never explored it thoroughly. I found the link from the DMC page on Wikipedia. It did have small images of most of Dante's abilities that I haven't seen elsewhere, which is what I was looking for. :) Although on the page with the abilities, when I tried to right click > view image or save, I got some funky results so I had to do a screencap. And all the images on the site were about this size
so you can't see much detail and they won't enlarge well. Not as good as the larger Stinger image Alexx posted. But still, the only images of Inferno and Kick13 that I've seen, and those were the ones I wanted most, so thanks a lot for the tip. :3

On a side note, the cartoons and storyboards on the Japanese site drawn by Kamiya were very interesting, as were his gameplay tips. Kamiya says that when Dante has Nightmare Beta and Ifrit equipped, the punches with his left arm are twice as strong. Joch, is this true?! (Yes, I recognize the absurdity of asking Joch to verify something that Hideki Kamiya himself says is true. But Google Translate is funny, and besides I think some of Kamiya's posts date from when the game was still a demo.)

@Jamo- It would be truly awesome if you could get the images directly from the game for me. I wanted better images of Kick13 Level 1 and Inferno. Also, Rolling Blaze and Air Hike which weren't on the Japanese site. You rock.

@Lord Gorlock- Thanks for the wallpapers, and--what the hell??

<3 to everybody who posted and looked for me!

ggs, g2g
Midnight Runner

#13 Post by ggs, g2g » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:59 pm

You heard it folks. My Stinger is larger and better quality than everyone else's.

DEAL WITH IT

Vicious
Brutal Nosferatu

#14 Post by Vicious » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:29 pm

I have an idea, I'll get back to you....

Vicious
Brutal Nosferatu

#15 Post by Vicious » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:48 pm

If anyone's interested I think the textures for them are on the disc under the Status directory, I can't open T32 files, only TM2s :\

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

#16 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Roughly 18 hours and 40 minutes later, I've got some good news and bad news. The good: I was able to extract the original images from the game disc in their full, original quality (1337 skillz, babeh). Same pixel resolution, same bit depth and everything, they're exactly as you would see them in the game. The bad news: The texts that apparently were bugging you are a permanent part of the images and cannot be removed. They're all stored on the same, single layer. Also, the images are sort of dark, so you might wanna run them trough Paint Shop Pro or something for gamma and color correction.

[albumimg]1448[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1450[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1451[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1452[/albumimg]

I'm sorry that I can't do any more than this. I went trough the entire database, anything that I could possibly access there with my tools, and these are all that I found. Also, as a bonus:

[albumimg]1453[/albumimg]

I'm not sure anymore, but I think that somebody in the very distant past wanted to have this one in high-res.

Yo Vicious:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/660/

Play with this.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#17 Post by Super Dante » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Shockproof Jamo wrote:[albumimg]1453[/albumimg]
Sexy. I wish all skulls were like this.

Vicious
Brutal Nosferatu

#18 Post by Vicious » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Shockproof Jamo wrote: Yo Vicious:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/660/

Play with this.
Arigatou Sensei.
EDIT:
The program just freezes if I try to open a .T32 file, TM2s are fine however. :\

Shockproof Jamo
Militant teetotaller

#19 Post by Shockproof Jamo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

The .T32-files don't appear to be image data, leave them alone. Try opening the .ITM and .DAT-files instead. Then, right-click the file name in the upper left corner of the GGS window and do a "Search for graphic files". That's how I made my discoveries.

Vicious
Brutal Nosferatu

#20 Post by Vicious » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 pm

could of known that before hand >.>
thansk:p

Oh and T32's are headerless tim2's iirc.

Tecarmel
Phantom Baby

#21 Post by Tecarmel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I wanted! They do still have some words on them but not nearly as much as if I was to do a screencap from the game, which would look like this. And they're much better quality so I am very happy. You the man, Jamo. ^^

Joch
Evil Posting Overlord

#22 Post by Joch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Well done, Jamo - it was more than I could do! And that crystal skull is the phantom baby's knees. *saves*
Kamiya says that when Dante has Nightmare Beta and Ifrit equipped, the punches with his left arm are twice as strong. Joch, is this true?! (Yes, I recognize the absurdity of asking Joch to verify something that Hideki Kamiya himself says is true.
In all honesty, I don't know. But if Kamiya says it I would be inclined to believe it >_>.

Should be easy enough to test out actually.

(PS: Sorry Tec. I haven't been a lot of help in this thread :-/)
I put the monster into Joch Ness Monster :p
With thanks to Algy >_>