Studying for the GREs

Because let's face it - the Role-Playing aspect didn't exactly take off

Moderator: Master Ry

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

Studying for the GREs

#1 Post by Gerbil Zero » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am

I've taken it upon myself to take the GREs sometime next month because by August 1st, the test will apparently become more difficult. English has never been my strong suit so I'm challenging myself to write using vocabulary words (approximately 20 a day). I've also been a bit worried because between work and yelling at people I disagree with, I have written considerably less humorous posts. If I succeed with this, I hope to not only practice being funnier (and possibly more cultured) but also learn something along the way.

Hopefully I don't come across as a pedantic dork. I will pressure myself to write and then type these stories up. So even if I don't update every day, it doesn't necessarily mean I've given up.

Also, I still haven't learned to spell necessarily. If only Gwen Stefani spelled everything out in song, life would be much easier.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Alright, maybe in an hour, I'll have my first entry up. Sorry to bore you.

Gerbil X
hamster destroyer

#2 Post by Gerbil X » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 am

IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS YOU ANOREXIC HIPPY

The underlined words were vocab words.
"Do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of reality, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that this reality is all they ever had? And, in a similar vein: do people who spend all their lives questioning the nature of happiness, on their deathbeds, realize much too late that they squandered every single opportunity they ever had for real and lasting happiness on Earth?"

Lady K
Phantom Baby

#3 Post by Lady K » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 am

I'd like to help you with this, so get posting dweeb.
And now I have to pay the price to go on living.

Gerbil Zero
Solar Gunslinger

#4 Post by Gerbil Zero » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 am

Wow. I am a terrible person and forgot all about this. Nothing I do can make up for it.

Not even the 800 I got in the quantitative section...

I would like to do some kind of story thing sometime but I really don't have any direction (talent can always be found/refined).

I liked doing choose your own adventures like I did way back when but I think I'd just come off as affected if I tried to pepper these words into my sentences (like I did just now, what the eff). That and I'm pretty sure only SD would play my little game. That's pretty much what happened before.

Truly the pinnacle of my tome of text embedded on the pages of PB was that in which I detailed Taro's boob party. I don't think I'll ever make anything half as good again.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#5 Post by Super Dante » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 pm

That was the best topic.

Everyone should be ashamed of themselves for letting that die. >_>