So uh, hi.

Or, alternatively, how to say hello and <i>not</i> be a moron and piss me off :p

Moderator: Master Ry

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell
Location: Above my lovely keyboard where I use it to type anything

So uh, hi.

#1 Post by ShadowRunner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey everyone. Still remember me? Well I guess not, I didn't post that much either, and It's mostly crap. It's been a while since I posted here, how's everything going? A lot of things have happened already eh? But somehow it was less hyped than last time. PB is really declining now I guess...

Well I guess the main reason I came back here is because of the upcoming DmC. I know it's bad, but it's still a DMC game; I don't care much cuz I'm not much of a diehard fan. Anyway, I guess I'll look here for any DmC related news, everywhere else is not as good as PB is, and for that PB earns my respect. It's not just that though, news and opinions about other games do come in handy too. (especially your opinions on the Dishonored topic, Taz. Thumbs up for that)

Oh and Joch, it really surprised me when you stated that you're female. Nice to see you again though, aha.

Shadow
Posting Monster

#2 Post by Shadow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello there, welcome back. Yeah, the place's pretty quiet, but you'll see a few posts still on a daily base.
"ERMAHGERD, UH GERT A HURRCURT" - SD

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#3 Post by ShadowRunner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:52 pm

You were ShadowStorm right? Thanks for the warm welcome.

Is PB really that deserted already? Does everyone got busy with their stuffs? Ouch, I guess this site has taken quite a beating. I just hope that DmC will bring new players here.

I guess one needs to do some promo now, cuz I assume PB isn't that popular anymore.

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#4 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 am

ShadowRunner Daus wrote:Ouch, I guess this site has taken quite a beating. I just hope that DmC will bring new players here.

I guess one needs to do some promo now, cuz I assume PB isn't that popular anymore.
I doubt DmC will bring new players to PB, since the majority of the active members dislike it. And if it does, I'll doubt they'd stay, due the the lack of deepneess the gameplay has to offer in DmC (though this might be proven wrong in the future). The fuss about the game does make it a bit more active though.
Another Truestyle might bring the forum more energy, though that might not come anytime soon.

Anyways, hello :PP

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#5 Post by ShadowRunner » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 pm

People may play the game when it's available, but I doubt if they know the existence of this site at all.
The game has potential actually. While it is less better than the previous iteration, the devs can come up with something. DLC's for additional content maybe? (Vergil's Downfall for one) Maybe some kind of tweaks just like DMC3 to DMC3:SE? Who knows.

Furthermore this site isn't just about DMC. There's the social section right up there, and there's other games section too. And for that I'll hope for the revival of PB.

And TST. Should we just ask Joch about that? Last time there was no tournament (only the mini ones which I missed :/) cuz Joch was absent.

Hello to you too. I think we never talked before right?. In short you can call me Daus, nice to meet ya. :)

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#6 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:48 am

Actually, they have loads of additional content prepared. I wouldn't care if it came or announced a while after DmC's release, but before release is just...
That pissed of a lot of people (Vergil DLC), even supporters of the which some don't anymore.

And you're very much right, PB isn't all about DMC, though I doubt many will come here solely for DmC. Then again, some DmCers might be fans of the previous games as well, or fans who never played the originals and might be intrested in it. Might work.

And some have suggested a another TST, but it's might be a long time till that. Maybe never... Time will tell, hopefully one more will rise
There is a small Tournament called /V/Style or something like that, being prepared by some Youtuber. It's not a PB Tournament though.

And yes, we haven't talked before this topic. You can call me DK or Delusion if you want. Killer, or Delusionary also works. Nice to meet you Daus.

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#7 Post by ShadowRunner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Oh? I didn't realise that. Is it some kind of leak or just the devs saying there will be more content?

I hope there'll be some though, and meanwhile they can post on the social and other games section. That was how it happened when I first came here.

There was supposed to be TST5 last year (or before last year? I forgot), but there was some conflict between the members (oh I miss His1Nightmare now) that it never came to be.
Recently I saw a DMC4 tournament called Infernal Style Tournament on Youtube. Is that what you meant?

So i'll call you DK then, or Delusion... Maybe both. :P

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#8 Post by ShadowRunner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:02 pm

BTW one more thing. Do you guys still flame each other on heated discussions/debates? The thing is that it might be the ones that make users leave the site.

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

#9 Post by Super Dante » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:07 pm

ShadowRunner Daus wrote:BTW one more thing. Do you guys still flame each other on heated discussions/debates? The thing is that it might be the ones that make users leave the site.
The people that flamed before still flame now.

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#10 Post by ShadowRunner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Super Dante wrote:The people that flamed before still flame now.
Awesome. o_O

Shadow
Posting Monster

#11 Post by Shadow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 pm

who cares really, that's just the PB I love.
"ERMAHGERD, UH GERT A HURRCURT" - SD

DelusionaryKiller
SShowtime!!

#12 Post by DelusionaryKiller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Well they have Vergil DLC, weapon skins such as the Samurai Pack, other extra pre-order bonuses such as the Golden Pack. They made or planned the Son of Sparta Edition (comes with a Chucky Cheezes amulet too), some glitchy IPhone app (Free), and much much more.
Wouldn't be surprised if there was an action figure which Donte would say "FUCK YOU" a couple of times. Or even a Dino hairspray.
And there will possibly be some DLC after the games release.

And I think I've seen that topic before, one where some members of PB wanted a TST5. And if I saw well, His1 was upset about something.
And no, it's a different Tournament (Infernal Style Tournamnet is pretty old), I don't have the links though. As I said, it's fairly small.
Youtube search Vstyletournament

And I think heated debates go through here as often as any forum. I someone leaves here because of someone upseting them, maybe the moderators can do something. I doubt it though, not like anyone is being harassed. At the end of the day, most don't even know each other in real life. Just don't take the internet too seriously (I made DmC an exception).
With that said, I doubt many people leave because of these flame wars. Some have left though (sadly).
Shadow wrote:who cares really, that's just the PB I love
xD

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#13 Post by ShadowRunner » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 am

Shadow wrote:who cares really, that's just the PB I love.
Well... >_>
Wouldn't be surprised if there was an action figure which Donte would say "FUCK YOU" a couple of times. Or even a Dino hairspray.
Dafuq?
And I think I've seen that topic before, one where some members of PB wanted a TST5. And if I saw well, His1 was upset about something.
He was upset about the final round on TST4, something about the rules. If he was still here he'd make a promo trailer for others to see, and there would be more playes joining the site. Maybe TST5 would include Bayonetta should it happened. But oh well, that's quite an old story now.
And I think heated debates go through here as often as any forum. I someone leaves here because of someone upseting them, maybe the moderators can do something. I doubt it though, not like anyone is being harassed. At the end of the day, most don't even know each other in real life. Just don't take the internet too seriously (I made DmC an exception).

I wouldn't know, PB is the only forum I've ever gone to. I dunno quite but I think someone told me about how PB is the most heated forum whenever debates come up. That being said, I just... don't know. Only assumptions would suffice.

sincerazero*
Phantom Baby

#14 Post by sincerazero* » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 am

Hello, I remember you. Usually I associate things with people in my mind to quickly remember them by, but I got nothing for you. :(

ShadowRunner
I Am The King Of Hell

#15 Post by ShadowRunner » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm

sincerazero* wrote:Hello, I remember you. Usually I associate things with people in my mind to quickly remember them by, but I got nothing for you. :(
Lol. Maybe because you associate me to nothing that you remembered me? XD

sincerazero*
Phantom Baby

#16 Post by sincerazero* » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Nah I'd remember that.