Can someone give me some help with Mundus on DMD

Devil May Cry, innit? :p

Moderator: Master Ry

Slider1138
Dull

Can someone give me some help with Mundus on DMD

#1 Post by Slider1138 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:01 am

I'm not a seasoned dmc player but I am not a complete scrub at it I play it casually cause it's fun and I like to challenge myself but I cannot and I repeat for the life of me how to beat mundus on his second form all I have is a Vstar and 2 Untouchables I jumped right in with full HP and DT gauges and some yellow orbs that's about it thanks to Jochs FAQ I was able to get through most of the missions since I'm on the HD collection some things are changed but does anyone have some sort of idea on beating him

If you guys do then I really do appreciate it

PS: Not going for SB OR S I just wanna beat dmd before losing my sanity and cry that's how emotionally draining it is

Super Dante
No, you don't become site admin, so ner! :p

Re: Can someone give me some help with Mundus on DMD

#2 Post by Super Dante » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm going to assume you can handle Mundus 1 adequately, so I'll link Joch's own video of how to handle the Mundus fight (skip to about 2:10): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8WssFNELoY

I'll try to describe exactly what she is doing in the video to handle each attack. It has been several years since I last played DMC1, so if I make any mistakes, I apologize in advance. But I believe most of what's said here is accurate

Big orbs: Shotgun has a wide spread so you can kill each one without running in front of it. She only gets rid of one because Dante's basic combo is three hits and if you know the timing, you can reflect each orb strike without breaking a sweat. If you don't know the timing, definitely try to get rid of at least two orbs to be able to safely and reliably dodge the orbs when he launches them later.

Small orbs, air version, not in a circle: Shotgun has wide spread so you can reliably kill them without moving with shotgun canceling. Not recommended to use other weapons, in my own experiences. It's also not recommended to let them spin around because you will be busy dodging the whole time if you do, which drags the fight out longer and makes you more susceptible to mistakes.

Small orbs, air version, in a circle around Mundus: Shotgun the ones in front of you to avoid any issue with these. From what I remember, they only spit out needles in front of them

Small orbs, ground version: Shotgun once again handles these just fine. Try to get rid of at least four or else you will almost assuredly get tagged by them. You can position yourself in the middle of them and reliably take out two on each side.

Wave attacks: Just roll. You probably didn't need help with these anyway if you made it this far in DMD mode.

Lava plumes: Just run. Again, probably didn't need help with this since Phantom uses them liberally on all modes.

Mundus Punch: It can't hit you if you're far enough back. Joch charges a meteor and Mundus punches all of the air in front of Dante. Watch out for this if you prefer attacking him with melee attacks on the floating platforms instead of Meteor and Roundtrip. I also think it can send debris back at Dante if it hits the destroyable platforms, so keep an eye out for that if you are in front of floating platforms when he punches.

Needles from Hand: Jump when Mundus's aim gets close to you.

Dragon: Roundtrip him or use fast uncharged meteors.

Meteors from the sky: Run. PLEASE try to position yourself at one end of a platform because if you double back on yourself you will get hit and take a ton of damage.

Moves Mundus didn't do in the video (through sheer luck, I assure you, because Mundus makes it his job to be the most annoying prick possible every time you play Mission 22 on Hard and DMD!):

Rising Dragon: Similar to the Golden Sun move that Agatio loves to spam, Mundus will slam his fists down and a circle will appear below Dante before a dragon pops out and takes off more health than a Nelo 3 Sweeping Stinger. If you get hit by this move and he doesn't immediately summon a dragon, just restart the mission. You'll die in one more hit without the green orb the other dragon drops.

Bullshit Needles from the Sky that he can spam 10 or more times in a row, seriously what the fuck was Kamiya thinking: This is just like the Despair Embodied's Needle Rain in DMC2 if you've played that. It also functions the same way in that a stray laser can still hit you even if you DT and run/roll perfectly. As with the meteors from the sky, position yourself at one end of a platform and run down, hoping you don't need to back peddle because you will get fucked fast, especially if he starts being a Super Dick and spamming the move.

Joch's attack pattern in the video is probably the safest way to do the Mundus 2 fight. It will last longer than running into his face and wailing on him, but you also won't risk getting slaughtered in three moves. Since this is an action game, your success relies upon having fast reflexes and knowing how to deal with every single move of his. If you already know how to respond to his moves, then you have to practice more at dealing with them. This fight is easily the most challenging traditional fight (Mundus 1 is my choice for most challenging in the game but that's because it's one of a kind and the only way to practice it is by making a save entirely for Mundus 1...) in the game, so it can and will take you an incredibly long time to beat (unless you were like me and played through Normal 10 times to stockpile items because Mundus is shit and ruins the end of the game with his shitness).

Slider1138
Dull

#3 Post by Slider1138 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:50 am

Alright thanks for the details bout his attacks but if I can ask since I have two untouchables and want to use them as well as a vital star what should I attack with when using said untouchables. Since I use v star when I am at critical condition

Super Dante

#4 Post by Super Dante » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:42 am

Either round trip > fully charged meteors or slash slash grounded high time. Both of them deal damage fast.

Slider1138
Dull

#5 Post by Slider1138 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:07 pm

So a viable stray would be to use untouchables slash slash high time to attack and when out of untouchables play safe with the round-trip Charged M2 right

Super Dante

#6 Post by Super Dante » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes, that should work fine.

Slider1138
Dull

#7 Post by Slider1138 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:45 am

Good news I took about a few days before going into it and I finally beat him with a bit of patience and brute force had an easier time dodging his meteors and I beat mundus on mission 22 now for his 3rd stage which is a cake walk

Slider1138
Dull

#8 Post by Slider1138 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:17 am

To add to my last comment I beat the game now I can rest in peace.also vortex 2 on Mundus 3 thanks to joch for her FAQ and thanks Dante for the advice vs Mundus 2

Super Dante

#9 Post by Super Dante » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Congratulations! Now you can obliterate the game like it's nothing with Super Dante =)